He asked if I could cook. Was there a reason for it?

I recently went on a date with a middle eastern guy who I had a good time with. One of the first things he asked me was 'do you know how to cook?'. When I told him I came from a particular country, he said that the women from my country are known as being good housewives and cooks. He also mentioned how good a cook his mom was. So why did he continue to ask me if I knew how to cook lol? Was there a particular reason for it?

Most Helpful Guy

• "The quickest way to a mans heart is through his stomach."-proverb that no one can properly cite.
    He's probably just from a really traditional family and finding a woman who can cook is important for him. Everyone has their preferences if you don't like it you should probably reconsider dating him.

• He is from a traditional family :) so that would explain why he asked me that question

What Guys Said 3

• tsk tsk

not a good-type of guy... sounds traditional 2 the bone basicallly...

• Lol yeah he is quite traditional and a bit narrow minded when it comes to gender roles

• because most woman are always in the kitchen and he wanted to know if u could cook

• Maybe the man is tired of cooking! Hell men can have standards to. Is it too much to ask for a woman that cook? Which these days is rare. Maybe he would like to be treated to a home cooked meal. Instead of him cooking all the time.

• I don't mind cooking for a partner. I rather enjoy it so it wouldn't be a problem for me

What Girls Said 3

• Guys like girls who can cook lol.

• He likes girls who can cool.

• What I'm getting from this is that he sounds really traditional... probably wants the wife to stay at home with the kids... and there's nothing wrong with that if that's what you like, but if it's not then you might wanna end it now