Is it ok for a guy to ask another girl to prom when you and him were going as a friend-date?

My friend (a guy) and I were planning on going to prom together. We wanted to add this girl to our group, but she didn't wanna go unless someone asked her. Should I be ok with this? I would love for the girl to join our group, but we had already planned on going together. Im not sure whether or not i like him, but is this ok for him to do?

Most Helpful Girl

• If you aren't sure if you like him, you probably don't.

It is okay for him to ask someone else if you agreed to only go as a friend date. I was someone's friend date and a girl he liked ended up wanting to go with him, so he went with her instead. The point of a friend date is that you go with someone casually, but most want to go to prom with someone who they like/know has interest in them, which you established that you didn't.

However if it bothers you, all you can do is let him know.

What Guys Said 2

• If you're ok with it then it's ok for him to do it.

• I'd be upset if that happened to me. I would at least make sure it was ok with you before I asked another girl because I always try to honor my commitments

What Girls Said 1

• I think it's fine.