Do you ever just NOT want to be in a relationship? Even if you really like someone? If yes, what would be your reasons?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, for many reasons

1) The potential of heartbreak bc most relationships don't work out anyways
    2) If he's too hot for me, I wouldn't want to feel like shit and insecure next to him
    3) The fear that when we get in a relationship he will eventually find someone better
    4) Hard to emotionally let someone in, I'm a very deep person and a bit emotionally fucked up
    5) Scared that as he gets to know me better he will find out things that he doesn't like about me
    6) The fear that he might be just 'settling' for me cause he couldn't get anyone better
    7) I don't have experience with relationships so I'd probably fuck it up somehow anyways

I don't know, probably some more stuff, mostly just fears and insecurities

What Guys Said 10

• I don't know! i have been in relationships before, but now even if I like someone and they like me back, I freak out and feel like going back to the time when I was free of any such romantic, emotional connections.

• When I have been prioritizing my self/career.
    Or been in a bad head space

• Only if I was recently broken up and I was still hurt... or if I'm not consistently making money.

• Being in a relationship makes you weak at everything else, because you will sacrifice time on your other goals simply "to be" with them.

• All the time. To be honest I just enjoy the hunt & sexual conquest. Im really not trying to do all that cuddling shit & I absolutely dread the "so this has happened few time now, what are we?" talk. Its amazing how getting hurt once can make u so cold lol.

• Dang, I'm sorry to hear about your past experience. I'm sure our experiences have been different, but I know the feeling of getting really hurt by someone that means a lot to you... he was the first and last one I ever emotionally opened and made myself vulnerable in front of. After he broke my trust and used my insecurities against me over a year ago, I've tried, but just can't bring myself to open up in that way again. I'll talk to guys, but feel myself withdrawing whenever they try to get any closer than the surface.

• I don't want to be in a relationship but I have crushed on a couple girls but I choose to stay single so I don't have to deal with drama plus I'm happier being single anyway.

• women lie to much so i dont wanna be in a relationship i wanna hang out with her for at least a year before i want her as a girlfriend

• Yes, I like being single.

• I want to get my own job and house first.

• Isn't that what friendship is?

What Girls Said 7

• I love my boyfriend so much and losing him is one of my worst fears, but at the same time, I just feel that I was too young to start such a serious relationship. I was 17 when we started dating and I'll be turning 20 in one month. I didn't expect it to be long-term, I honestly thought we were just hooking up and having fun at the beginning but then it turned into so much more. As happy as he makes me, it would have been nice to "play the field" a bit more lol. But oh well, a few hookups and summer flings won't compare to the life we have ahead of us I guess. Still, I just feel like I'm missing out on something.

• I encourage girls like yourself to go out and explore lol. U can never know how much u truly love him if u dont sample what else is out there. Good luck!

• @SavageNick87 We did breakup for like a week about a year ago and I tried to play the field, but I couldn't do it. I hadn't realized that there were guys who just waiting for me to be single so they could pounce haha I made out with a guy at a party, but it just felt so wrong and I just kept thinking about how much I'd rather be kissing my boyfriend and how much I missed him. So... I've tried, believe me. My conscience just wouldn't let me do it lol.

• I've been in a relationship for coming up on 4 years. Sometimes I think that maybe I'm missing out because my relationship is so serious and we've been very serious about each other since I was 14 - so basically my entire teenage life haha

But then my roommates tell me about their dates and the guys they meet and I'm like, "Nope! I would MUCH rather be in a committed relationship than face the hell that single life sounds like it is.

• Yes, I have commitment issues so I'm not someone who likes labels. There is only one person I would consider being in a relationship with and even thinking about it still makes me nervous with him. The idea of one scares the shit out of me. I have a lot of trust issues along with daddy issues which prevent me from truly giving everything my all. I'm also a really independent person so it's hard to give up that freedom in exchange for a relationship.

• I've only had two boyfriends in my life and after I broke up with my first one, I didn't want to date again I wanted to be alone for awhile but then I met my current boyfriend soon after and couldn't resist so there went that lol So yes I understand why there are circumstances that just aren't right for a relationship even though you like someone.

• Every time someone's interested in me I try to avoid them cuz I like single life but when nobody is I'm like WHY AM I SINGLE!! waah😖

• Me not trusting them...

• Yes, being single is awesome and you get to do things for yourself and focus on your own happiness and yourself. I miss being single sometimes because I can't have fun anymore. And I don't mean sleeping around i mean having friends and going out shopping and stuff. And having a little spa day.