Boyfriend bought bartender a shot. is it wrong that i'm upset?

We were at a bar and he bought a female bartender a shot and told her not to tell me then later in the night he told me about it but i'm still upset even though he told me. do i have a right to be upset? I just think its very disrespectful even if he was trying to be friendly. :(

Most Helpful Girl

• I would be upset. It's the fact that he told her to keep it from you that's the worst... I think that's disrespectful. I'm sorry this happened to you. :( have you talked to him about it yet? I would ask him to explain himself. Both why he did it and why he tried to keep it a secret from you.

What Guys Said 1

• Maybe he bought the bartender a shot to be friendly, but told her to not tell you because he didn't want her to say, "Hey, your boyfriend bought me a shot," because that would have been soooooo much worse coming from her. Since he told you, it obviously didn't mean anything to him so far as relationships go, so I'd just let it go this time. He wasn't trying to cheat, he was just being nice to another girl.

What Girls Said 4

• Why would he tell the bartender to not tell you? And tell him yourself? That's silly wouldn't you think? I mean that female bartender will probably never ever see you again. So him saying that is stupid and suspicious.

• You have every right to be upset! I would be so mad and upset! I mean he basically hit on the girl and then confirmed it with her by saying not to tell you. Now it's good that he told you and don't take that for granted, it's much better to find out from him then someone else. But you have every right to be upset with him and you need to tell him that. Don't be mean but talk to him and tell him how it made you feel if he doesn't care or doesn't listen or gets super mad it time you find a new guy

• I think the fact he told her not to tell you is a lot worse than actually buying her a shot. To me it would just be like tipping a waitress, but if he was trying to hide it he obviously felt that it was not right. I would be upset too if I were you.

• You have the right to be upset, and even more so that he told her not to tell you about it. I mean, what else is he not telling you? I'd be pissed too if my fiance did the same thing. It is very disrespectful.