Guys, do you get bored with your current long term gf/wife and wished you had someone new?

I had a boyfriend for years whom I loved so much and unconditionally, even after three long years I never got tired/bored of him, everytime I see him in just so exited... but unfortunately he got bored with me:( and said pretty hurtful things which he made me dump him so basically he dumped 😢 although I wished the relationship could've ended respectfully at least...

but I'm so scared to engage into another relationship or even get married in scared he will get bored or cheat...

I am not smokin hot nor oh so gourgouse but just average...

9

Most Helpful Guy

• why do the good faithful girls have to end up with assholes and the good guys with he bitches... .

• Ok seriously your getting this as most helpful. : )

What Guys Said 8

• I was married 14 years. I wasn't bored. I believe our honeymoon period lasted longer than most marriages I know. Now, it's true our relationship didn't have the sexual passion it had when we first married. However, things became a mellow familiarity. A warmth of love with each other.

• Anyone remember the old days when people use to sing about this and get back together?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eyaf1yMHx54

• Depends on whether you guys have been having sex, or you were "waiting until marriage". I am dedicated as long as my minimal requirements are met.

• We would have sex regularly and I thought it was good, I would try my best to meet up his needs even if I didn't like it... but I don't know what happens he just came off saying harsh things which hurted me deeply...

• That is odd. I can't tell what was "under the hood" then, but people don't lash out without a reason. Oh well.

• It happens to the best of us. A lifetime together is a very long time and it's hard to maintain excitement especially in the bedroom. That said I'm also afraid of that very thing, when I don't want to kiss her and cuddle anymore, let alone have sex with her on a daily basis. Even the possibility is scary.

• The pressure of being married just suck the life out of people if it was a no strings attach type of thing it works out better. I seen people with no strings attached and they are still together compared to married couples.

• Yeah I noticed that too...

• The relationship wasn't meant to last. I don't understand this fixation with "excitement". Shit is going to get boring. The best we can do is to just accept that and make sure we love the person beyond their ability to keep us entertained.

• keep things interesting, never let things get dull, travel together share a hobby est

• I have never gotten bored of a girl. I think there is a lot of people that just don't do well in a long term relationship, and it sounds like your ex was one of them. As someone that wants a long term relationship I meet women just like your ex all the time. They want something new and fun all the time.

A long term relationship can't compete against a new relationship in terms of passion. Both people should still be putting in a solid effort to please each other, but it will never be as hot and exciting as it was when you first get together. Some people crave that excitement at the beginning of the relationship and sabotage every relationship they ever get into as things begin to settle down to a more normal level of excitement.

You just have to keep looking until you find a compatible partner that actually does well in a long term relationship. I wish I could give you some advice on how to do that, but I am struggling with that part myself.

• Even after being with him for a few years it was still just as exiting when we first said hi to each other... or am I just strange? Even if 10 years went buy Il still be crazy attracted him but I so afraid he won't see me that way as long as I can see him that way :(

• If that's true then you sound like a keeper. I hope you find the right guy someday.