Do you think there is such a thing as too attractive?

First off, I by no means put myself in that catagory, I am happy with my 6ish (hopefully) and I don't know the anwser to this either way, so I just want to hear other people's reasonings.

I ask this, because I have a female friend who is extremely attractive. Even my frineds call her my hot tall blonde friend. However, I have never seen someone struggle so much with getting a decent boyfriend before in my life. Often guys just want to have a fling, or don't want to actually date her. And then a lot of other guys don't take her serious because they assume she is not smart, nice, funny etc. She is a masters student like me, and very smart. We also get along very well, she is not snotty in the least and can make me laugh enough. Even more, there are the guys like me that she actually really likes, but don't have the confidence to date her.

The sick thing is though, I know I have done this to women myself. If I see a very good looking girl, I assume that is who and what she is, it is almost like she is so pretty, THAT has to be her best trait (it is messed up and I have been working on this admittedly).

So what do you think? Man or woman, are you so attractive that these things happen to you? Do you know anyone, or have exmples like this? Or maybe I am just making this all up? Maybe the benefits of being so attractive outweigh these negatives? Leave a comment!

I just want to update that we don't date because I know she wants something much more serious than I would be willing to give currently, she actually made a pass at me a few times a while back.

Most Helpful Guy

• I know having a girlfriend that is extremely attractive is constant work - There are always guys right there vying for her attention and trying to get near her, and I am constantly having to manage it - and, naturally, she is altogether naive and oblivious to what is even happening around her.

• Ooof, I know what you mean, especially on the girl not realizing their advances and what that does to you, even if you handle it very well and you know she would never do anything, there still comes a point... I know a friend who broke up with a girl because he was tired of guys trying to show him up over her, how messed up is that?

• Oh, mine was way in the past. No longer.. But, yeah, I couldn't believe how bold guys would be too. And sometimes I would grab her and start making out with her, Haha! I have had other really attractive girls but that one was, yeah, really tough! If you saw her you would know what I mean.

• Thanks for MHO

What Girls Said 6

• I agree, I see less attractive females get scooped up and wifed up and the prettier girls seem to find it harder.

Not that I think I'm a 10 but I've been told I'm beautiful etc and I've been single for 5 years because I'm not willing to settle for a friends with benefits or a guy who treats me badly just to be in a relationship.

Guys assume I have loads of guys to talk too or that I'm dating etc and unlike drake my hotline does not bling lol

There's a lot of stereotypes and even though some girls do live up to this we are not all like the air head over sexualised Instagram girls, some of us do have substance besides good looks!

• Maybe guys are intimidated by her, or they think they just don't have a chance.

• Good question. I don't think you can be too attractive, it's not your fault because it's subjective. But eh people assume too much and that can lead to loneliness.

She's not in the right place yet. There's a lot of factors esspecially with the hook up culture

Hard to say when I don't know her

But she'll find someone :(

• No it is not her fault. But she still has to deal with it one way or the other. Yes, she is not a hook up type at all, she won't even be alone with a guy in private until date three or four, which is all good for her, but in our early 20s, the numbers are against what she is looking for, on top of the mentioned problems...

• Well we are masters students, so she is 25, not totally unreasonable to start wanting these things, but still tough. She has even tried with guys closer to thirty, living on their own and working and such, they just don't take her seriously, or don't think they could actually date her... It is funny though, because it seems like she has a date every other week, where as I will just be dateless for a year and bam, relationship, which is better in my opinion to having loads of dates that never go anywhere.

• Yeaaaah that is better. Jeez. They are intimidated or think she's a joke..

Too bad she can't go on one of those bachelorette shows.

• Yes, there is. Smoking hot people, especially girls, are constantly catcalled and bothered by men who want to hook up with them. They are always bothered when they go out in public, and are stared at. You don't see this often when average looking people. It's totally true.

• I am a city person and I have to say, I have not once seen cat calling and general harassment once. Blatant staring, sure. But the ethics of that are still in debate, whereas catcalling and harassment are much more direct.

Either way, I see what you mean, and I would agree, they get more attention, both good and bad.

• Yes, and some people don't like the attention.

• wow i am not trying to be arrogant but by the part where you described she's too attractive and guys won't date her or think she is blahh i felt like that was me a guy told me once i been trying to talk to you but you always look mad/ not sayin im all that

• or they automatically assume i have a boyfriend and dont approach me

• its nothing negative though and you dont see it because you are not a girl but we do this.. also another thing you guys do is try to come and tease or be rude at first to a girl you think is too pretty why?

• I tease just about everyone, I call it friendly banter. I don't know, I just like people who don't take them selves too seriously. For example, my current girlfriend came over one day after work when she didn't plan to and was all upset about having no make up on, and I responded, 'no worries, I'll be sure to keep you at arms length so no one knows I am with you'. I feel like plenty of women would cry over that, but she is confident enough in herself and me to laugh and know I am of course still going to hold her hand and stuff while we are out.

So ya, I am a bit rude to everyone to be honest, but it is always in an light hearted way. If they can not only take it, but hurry and dish it right back, that is a keeper for me. Maybe pretty girls are either not as used to this, because guys usually are overly nice to them or they get it more because guys feel they will be stuck up or pretentious so they are trying to find out? I don't know...

• Yeah I think people would be too intimated to approach an extremely attractive person

What Guys Said 4

• Yes, I think there is such a thing as TOO attracive. There reaches a point where people become intimidating because of it and you wouldn't even dare approach them because they're out of your league.
    I know what you mean about judging people's intelligence on looks. It's just a stereotype I suppose

• I hate myself for it, but ya, I always assume the book-y looking girl will make better conversation than the model would, but that is just not true. Still do it though...

• Too much of anything is bad.

• they're all betas..

• tl;dr, but to answer your question, no there isn't. i don't think women are attractive enough. so 'too attractive' is way out of the realm of possibility.