How come even below average girls don't reply to me on OKCUPID?

I'm not ugly but even the uglier girls don't reply to my messages...
I mean how much lower can I aim? geez

Most Helpful Guy

• Barring all kinds of questions about what you're using as a starting message, how your profile is set up, and how much the girls you are asking resemble your interests: it's OkCupid. It is not a miracle site for getting dates, it's just an alternative to real life dating that may very well be worse than it.

But things like your profile, your personality similarities to the girls, and especially how you phrase your starting message are important, too. Are you asking them more than "Hey, what's up"? Are you involving their interests in the message text? for example, "Hey I noticed you enjoy The Office, I've heard it's good, would you recommend it?"

What Girls Said 5

• Just give it some time.

• LoL, I have an OKCUPID account, but I don't use it. Honestly, I just created it because I was bored one summer. :/ I don't reply back to guys that message me mainly because I am anxious. I just get to anxious about that stuff.

• You're on okcupid

• Supply and demand. Women are high on demand even the below average ones.

• Perhaps it has nothing to do with you, they're probably just not attracted to you, it's preference.
    That, or they're just not interested.

What Guys Said 8

• How do you approach them?

If you're the generic guy who says "Hi" or "What's up"
    Don't expect anyone to reply to that.

• Really shouldn't and doesn't matter how you approach them a simple hi how are you should do it's a greeting

• Women on those sites have pretty much nothing in their profile even when they do they might as well have left it empty because they just described themselves in adjectives said a lot and said nothing worth mentioning so all you can do is greet them unless you have a common interest which you usually dont

• @thatkaruguy

Lol I never said they were making it easy for us, they just want the guy to say something unexpected.

• Even if you're too good for 70% or 80% of them, don't expect a reply. That's just the way it is. For 95% of men, it would be a complete waste of time and effort.

Spend your time walking through a shopping centre, or going to a bar, and talking to real live women.

• that's even worse... if I get rejected by below average girls online I have ZERO chance with any woman in person

• Meeting in person is easier they can't hide behind their screen and their ego isn't inflated

• in person dating is almost 100% failure
      no thanks

• dude... maybe... just MAYBE... do u send em creepy messages?

• Girls have a different mindset online. They act like they're shopping for the perfect product and treat men like a handbag. If it doesn't specify that it has all the features they think they want they click next. Half the psychos on this site that talk shit to me online would be drooling over me in person.

• Because society has inflated their egos to believe that they are actually beautiful when in reality they need to take whatever it is they can get if they want to mate. Fucking society!

• Tell them "hey uglier people, how come you haven't replied to my messages?" You would definitively get responses from them. I guarantee you.

• They may be just shy. Keep knocking on doors.

• Girls are picky as fuck when it comes to hookup sites