How do you ask your significant other to lay down with you and cuddle without it feeling like you're asking them to have sex.

How do you ask your significant other to lay down with you and cuddle without it feeling like you're asking them to have sex. In a new relationship and don't want him getting the wrong impression.

Most Helpful Guy

• Normally if you're laying down and cuddling with someone a lot of the times sex just happens but either way I mean for a guy the best way to handle this type of situation is being clear and honest so he doesn't get any wrong idea because most girls tend to say stuff like I only wanna cuddle but no sex but they tend to only say it to not sound like a whore in their eyes or they try to cheese it up which makes it very confusing for a guy.

My answer is yeah tell him straight up you want to cuddle and lay down but you're not interested in sex right now and want to further the relationship first. Simple as that and the guy gets the message clear as day and isn't trying to figure out what you meant if you try to say it without being so noticeable etc.

• I just don't want the wrong idea Ya know? thank you ill try that!

• Yeah exactly and that's the thing guys are easier to understand a clear message a lot of times guys are use to girls like switching their words around or leaving some kinda clue in it and it's really confusing so we sometimes get the wrong idea, so the best solution is being as clear as it can get but you're not insulting him or anything you're simply stating you want to further the relationship first.

What Guys Said 2

• just tell him u wanna cuddle

• Tell him "I just want to hold you" and then do it.

What Girls Said 1

• Just say you want but, not in that way. He won't know until you tell him.