How do you stand up for yourself?

When someone you are dating tells you that he doesn't see you in his future and that you should probably not fall in love with him and that this won't go anywhere?

What do you do in this situation? what would a strong woman do?

Most Helpful Girl

• This has nothing to do with being a strong woman or standing up for yourself. He don't want you he dont want you. It's one sided and a person's strong feeling. When it's that firmly stated its kind of pointless to fight for it. The classic line "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink."

What Guys Said 6

• at that point I change the current status to: fun only

and when im done and good, I leave.

• not a gal.. but personally if she was saying that, then i guess there's no need 2 bother with her anymore...^_^

• If I was looking for a relationship I'd leave. If I didn't mind just having a bit of fun I'd go along with it. It depends on what you want to do. You won't change their minds though, so don't waste your time trying.

• Slap him in the face, then kiss him.

• Leave him, he do not deserve your care

• I don't stand up for myself nope I let my legs do it for me i1127.photobucket.com/.../...f.com-add-text_15.gif

Just leave them since you'll be wasting your time anyway after they've said that

What Girls Said 6

• Leave. Immediately and not waste your own time. If you're not his future you're already his past. So make him part of your past.

• I depends on what I wanted out of the relationship.

• that is manipulative bullshit. He's setting it up so you're emotionally depending on him and so the whole relationship is on his terms. He's an abuser. Leaaaaave him

• I did, i texted him and said it won't work for me in the long run

• good <333 you're way better off w/out him.

How you holding up?

• Im doing good, didn't date him for a long time, but we spendt a lot of time together in a short amount of time and when i said that i was suprised.. but i know my worth

• I would leave his sorry ass. If you are dating someone then you dont tell them that they aren't in your future. I'm dating a guy and he tells me everyday all he sees for us is a long future. You deserve better than him. He is shitty if he can't even think about having you in his future. Its his loss... i bet you are an awesome person.

• Refuse to settle for this rubbish, NEXT... plenty of good men out there i'm sure who wants to truly love you like you deserve.

• if i were in your shoes i would say no yo him