Would you consider it cheating if your boyfriend/girlfriend danced with another girl/guy when you weren't around?

Maybe not cheating but crossing a line?
My take on this would be dont do anything you would do in front of your significant other.
Am i wrong on this? I welcome all opinions, no right or wrong answer!

Edit-I meant to say dont do anything you "wouldn't" do in front of your significant other.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think dancing is considered cheating.

• Do you feel like it crosses a line? Or would you be okay if he (or she) danced with other people?

• I really would be okay with it. There needs to be some freedom even if you are in a relationship, and I really don't think simple dancing is disrespectful to me, it's not like he was making out with her.

What Guys Said 5

• not cheating, but crossing the line depends on the couple together.

• hahaha no... dancing doesn't equalize cheatin ^_^

• Cheating is doing something your partner wouldn't approve. For some dancing can be therefore cheating. For me and my girlfriend it's not even close though :)

• It's not cheating but it is something I would be ok with.

• It's one thing if he is there to keep an eye on things, but, otherwise, not appropriate.

What Girls Said 6

• Ehhh. I mean I wouldn't be happy about it, but it really depends on the scenario. As long as it didn't cross any lines into inappropriate touching/kissing, and no number exchanging, then whatever. I'd just prefer not to know about it.

• I would be a little bothered by it depending on the situation. If it was just an obligation thing like a wedding and he agreed to dance with a girl because she had no one else, I wouldn't mind. If he's bumping and grinding, I would be a bit upset but I wouldn't consider it "cheating", but it would be a betrayal.

• Casual dancing? Nope. I wouldn't care. Intimate/grinding type of dancing... urhm yeah I'd mind !

• I am fine with it. As long as they are strait with me about what when on, we are good. I would prefer them to not make out. definitely not if I am unaware of it. But them going out dancing or to a movie etc . thous are things you do with a friend or new acquaintance, it becomes extra a special when with a significant other.

• two wrongs don't make a right...

• Could you elaborate? Im not quite sure i understand your answer.

• it's not cheating...
      if they're like dating and going out to clubs and dancing.. maybe thats cheating...
      but if they just dance like at a school dance or something... not cheating...

• It isn't cheating, but it IS crossing a line, and would make me uncomfortable and suspicious