Girls, Surprising a girl with a hug?

last few weeks i've been on dates with a girl, last one we held hands after beer, but the last coffee date we didn't. I was going to hug her but froze, probably because i didn't have any dutch courage. However after it i felt bad and texted to say i froze and i was really sorry and she understood. next week we'll have another proper drinks date, but today i organised another coffee one, this time i surprised her with a hug, her reaction was 'oh ok' and she hugged me too. I then said good bye and went on. I texted her to say i'm sorry i thought i rushed off to quickly and she said she didn't notice. Was i correct to hug this time? i think i was, as i felt i needed to show i could leave my comfort zone and also to show i do care.

7

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 6

• I really like hugs among other things. I may be more... cuddly than most people.. I'm not sure. But since you've been on dates before and you've known her for a while I don't consider it a rushed action. Sooner or later you would need to walk past your comfort zone so I think you did a good job!! :)

• I think she was looking for a kiss. You've been on a couple of dates, and a simple 5 second kiss to show how you feel about her. Do it next time.

• personally i like surprising hugs. you were, but apologizing and explaining yourself isn't necessary. just do what you want and make it a personal goal to get to the next level. she will enjoy it more if she doesn't already think you are going to do it and it would be more satisfying for the both of you.

• Maybe she is trying to make it seem like it's no big deal because she senses your anxiety. Just start doing it regularly. If she really seems uncomfortable with it, maybe you shoud address it or just stop.

• After a few dates I doubt a girl would think a hug is too much

• Yes surprise hugs are good.