Why don't young women like to be approached anymore?

I'm almost 24 years old and I've still never dated because girls reject me every time I approach them. This has been going on since I was in Elementary school. I'm not the only one with this problem, judging by the guys on here. Girls shun guys who approach them. Is this a result of feminism? Why do all girls think men are creepy? My parents even agree with me. They told me girls back in their day were open to guys approaching them. Before you assume, I have good social skills, come off confident, I'm not creepy and I'm friendly.

Most Helpful Girl

• Women don't like to be approached by guys they don't find attractive. It has nothing to do with feminism.

• So I guess some guys are unattractive by 100% of women? How else do you explain me and other guys having this problem?

• @Jannette723 OR maybe girls don't care that much about looks or being approached. Maybe if I was rich, I would be laid right now.

Most Helpful Guy

• The problem is that girls nowadays are raised to believe that they're all special little snowflakes who are better than they actually are. Most girls have a sense that they deserve to be with the BMOC, even though maybe only 0.1% of girls on campus are in his league.

Girls just think they deserve better than most guys. I've seen research out there that shows that girls rate about 80% of guys as being below average. It's funny to me, seeing all these girls with average faces and muffin tops rejecting guys who are essentially similar to them.

What Girls Said 16

• I'm sorry, but this isn't true. You're probably just finding it hard to accept that girl's aren't instantly attracted to you as soon as you approach them. You can't blame them, it's just what it is.

• It's true for MOST girls, yes it is.

• Speak for yourself only.

• You'd honestly waste an hour or two of a guy's time whom you don't find attractive at all? The fuck?

• this couldn't be farther from the truth. there are millions of women who are approached every day. I highly doubt that they all reject these men. we do like to be approached, and not all of us reject guys. I'm currently dating a guy who approached me. he wasn't rejected, and women get rejected as well. just don't let these few instances lead you to such a gross assumption.

• It's true for MOST girls. You're just a rare exception.

• Maybe for you. Just be patient. It takes two to tango; maybe you're meeting the wrong girls, or there's something that you're doing wrong.

• Not true at all...
    At all.

I ask guys out, but they never ask me out.
    I'd like a change of pace too, ya know.

• Exactly, I do most of the approaching..

• I live in the USA lol

• Well there ya go. xD

• Because most guys have just become too creepy.

• Ok, even though I disagree with that statement, thanks for admitting you don't like being approached.

• It's probably because most guys are porn addicts now

• Please stop the generalizations, even with your parents agreeing. I don't even understand how your parents came up with that anyway too be honest. In my case if a guy were to approach me and compliment my apperance than It would be a self-esteem boost if anything most young women have some insecurities so a guy approaching can be flattering. Also if a girl rejects you then that doesn't mean that she doesn't like to be approached, maybe she just doesn't like you and that's normal.

I also wouldn't go with what every other guy thinks on here aswell, if you are on here long enough then you would notice that some guys can be bitter and blame women for their own problems

• Well my parents grew up in a different era, so I would say they're just making a comparison to these days.

• I don't think so, I think that depend on your conversation of the content, if you are normal to chat with her who also can accept that, if you are attempt to close to her who also can't accept for that, my advice it's you can try to get what her hobbies and what she always to do, and know about each other, and then through the way, you can be successful, and perhaps she was feeling bored, so the main point that you can't make her get feeling to you are stuffy.
    Finally, Wish you can be successful!

• i am a feminist and i don't think every guy is creepy i would actually prefer guys to approach me and in person ask me out. who knows? maybe they think they are out of your league? i am a pretty guarded person so its pretty awkward the first few times a guy approaches me

• From personal experience, I have gotten so used to guys coming up to me either directly or indirectly to try and hook up with me

Sometimes they straight out say it, other times they sugar coat it which built up the feeling that I cannot trust any guy even the ones who appear friendly

I actually enjoy it when they approach me, but once they show their intentions I end up feeling sad or annoyed

While in the past, I'm assuming the men respected women more

• Its competition. You didn't make it in their shortlist.

• To be honest, girls love to be approached and honestly it doesn't happen Often these days.. So it probably doesn't har to do with the fact that ur approaching them.. It may be other things

• Mostly they do its just this generation has changed & their just tried of being hurt.

• I wish I could help you with your dilemma, but I unfortunately lack the experience and am unable to give you advice. The girls that you had asked to date, had you known them for a while before asking them out? If not, that might be the problem.

• It depends. Sometimes, I have known the girl for a long time. Other times, it was when I had first me them.

• im shy, but others, I don't know

• It could just be in your approach... girls are typically open to be approached if they make strong eye contact with you and smile. If this hasn't happened before you appraoch they tend to be "on guard" and feel awkward if you try to just leap in there and approach them. If she hasn't made eye contact, make the encounter really brief - like walk past her, look at her and smile or say hi and keep walking. Something just to get her attention and then hope she gives you the signal she wants you to approach.

• You can't speak, because you're not a girl in my generation. Women your age are clearly different.

• Yes, you're a completely different breed of women. Women your age are more open minded, friendly, have a higher sex drive and easier to approach.

And yes, I've done that before, although I never see girls making eye contact with me.

• Well, go for older women then..

• It could be the area you are in, or the type of girl you approach. I don't shun guys, I'm open and friendly with anyone that comes to talk with me.

• Do you have any guy friends who approach women and get decent results? You should roll with them and see what you're doing that's off. I have no idea how it is you approach, so can't really comment. I do know that I, and many of my friends, have been approached, and there have been guys who got our number or a date that way.

I think it may be more useful to you to focus on things in your control, and what you can do, rather than worrying about why girls are this way or that. Guys approaching and girls accepting happens, so that's what I'd look at getting in on. Good luck.

• I do have friends and some of them are successful and some of them are not. However, the ones who are successful are the ones who get girls to approach them too.

• What she means is don't be not attractive. Only thing you can do is hit the gym and hope for the best.

• ^That helps, but it's more than that. I definitely see average guys in relationships often enough, so there's more to this story than just looks.

What Guys Said 13

• Yes, feminism has basically ruined everything for guys. We are all looked at predators and potential rapists today. Dude, you should have been coming of age when I did, in the mid-80s. Mannn.. It was SO SO great! Just think... complete opposite of today!

• okay first off... a lot of the guys on here are categorically retarded, so going by what happens to them probably isn't the best measuring rubric to go by. Now when it comes to feminism, I'll say that some elements of it make it more nerve wracking on men to approach, because it seems like everything that has to do with a guy having physical attraction to a girl is some form of male suppression... and obviously most guys dont want to be labelled as a misogynist so they end up doing too little when they really need to be doing way more to show the girl that they are interested. The dream world for some feminists is a world where the only acceptable places for a guy to approach a girl is at work or a shared class. But keep in mind that a good number of girls really dont mind being approached. There is a right and a wrong way... you just need to learn the right one

• Well maybe girls are more open in Canada? The USA has the snobbiest women.

• i don't think you can say that without actually visiting a good number of other countries and approaching the women there. Canada is also a much more feminist country than the USA is, second only to countries like Sweden. So I don't think girls here aren't any less difficult than American ones

• Nah, there's no right or wrong way to do anything, there's only what works. And what works for one guy might not work for another. The reality is that women don't really know what they want, or they do but they just aren't capable of being honest with themselves and the world about it.

The fact is that people in general are less open to strangers in urban areas, mostly because of the threat of crime. Go to New York. Ask 10 people what time it is, and 9 will outright ignore you. The 10th will tell you to buy a watch.

• no... it was just the gals u approached basically...;-)

wot bout yer looks dude? ;-)

• That's not true, a lot of things impact how they'll receive you...
    Timing, place, and how you present yourself matters.

• This might help: http://thematinggrounds.com/

• Just have to keep trying, trying and trying! Some of the best pick up artists in the world have failed sooo many times before reaching success, don't give up. Just keep meeting women and talk to them.

• They don't want ugly, unconfident guys to approach them. If Chris Hemsworth walked up to them, do you really think they'd be offended?

• Bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks

• Get a Lamborghini, you'll be getting them in no time.

• Maybe cause girls don't want to be approached by guys now a days.

• i hate my life, and i hate how it is my responsibility for how it is. i know that applies to men more than women obviously.

• Definitely not feminism to blame blame. I think it's just a simple case of douchism. They can see a douche coming from a mile away.

Try approaching with respect instead of condescension and you might get results.

• Did I ever say I was a douche? Actually, girls often APPROACH the douchebags.

• so you must not get a lot of chicks then

• Ouch. Wow. That was low. Totally don't know where you get all this hatred from.

Can't we all just get along? I guess haters gonna hate

• Well the fact that you asked out girls in elementary school might be a hint but I don't know. Also, girls might be more shallow now and you might not be good looking or well-groomed at least.