Why is it argued, debated that mens peak attractiveness years start later than womens? that men become more attractive with age?

I saw this posted on another question, some guy said he has heard somewhere that guys prime years are their 30's, and a little bit of 40's, meanwhile womens prime years are their late teens and throughout their 20's, yet some people agree and disagree, i'm confused? that supposedly mens mating market value increases with age meanwhile it declines for women.

Most Helpful Guy

• cdn.okcimg.com/blog/older_lover/Desirability.png

Peaks late 20's for men, early for women, on average, if you consider what all ages of singles think of all other singles. That's based on all singles votes, which skew young.

But the same company also has data showing that men of -all- ages consider women their early 20s the most attractive, while women tend to find men close to their own age, but perhaps slightly in the direction of late 30's the most attractive (i. e. a 50 year old woman might say 45 year old men are most, a 20 year old woman might say 25 year old men are the most. but the 50 year old man? he still votes for 21 year olds).

Most younger women are not all that interested in older men. A notable minority are open to it, and another minority prefer it. since older men tend to be interested, that creates 'excess demand' for young women, and 'excess supply' of younger men, while that flips as you get older.

• so after which age typically do you think men are too old to attract, date, and seduce young women in their 20's, especially early 20's women?

• how often do you hear of early 20's women dating men in their late 30's, men in their 40's and beyond?

• @moviedude714 the single men i know my age... it's not that uncommon to date women in their 20's. more often late 20's. I think that may be partially by choice though. They aren't lookign for girls who want to be in clubs, they're looking for girls who are a little more settled down and vice versa.

What Girls Said 4

• Honestly some do and some don't... Some guys do seem to become more handsome as they age while others already had their peek during their teenage or young adult years and start to bald and get a beer belly as they age.

As for women it's kind of the same thing you might be hot while you're young and become less attractive as you age while others stay hot age and become milfs.

• I don't know where that came from, but in my opinion, it's NOT true. I've seen more MILFs than DILFs.

It's subjective really.

• because men become more mature, or so it seems, with age. young guys are attractive, but mature slower than women their age. Older men exude experience and maturity that women tend to have more of compared to our younger male counterparts. so yeah.

• probably because of biological clock.

What Guys Said 6

• It's not argued it's a matter of adaptation. Females peak at a younger age because it's the pinnacle of their fertility. They are gorgeous early on to entice men, because they have a limited time frame and a limited amount off eggs. Men on the other hand develop with age. We get stronger , more established more prominent, our longstanding characteristics are at display Showcasing superior genetics for the long run.

• I agree with that statement 200% At least me personally I think my more attractive years are up ahead. In my teenage and 20s I'm still too reserved and academic focused...

• I'm trying to change all of that of course... making changes everyday..

• Men age like wine women age like milk

• If there is a genetic reason it is because a woman's fertility decreases with age, but a man's does not. Men have evolved to find the most fertile, which is also the youngest women, to be the most attractive. A man however that can survive the longest would mean that he had all of the necessary traits for survival. Meaning that he has better DNA to pass on to his children. I think this is why men peak a little later than women.

• i guess it's all relative to the person.

• I will admit that I have a bipolar mindset on this

• Like I feel its easier for women to enjoy their youth with less effort

• Because we're awesome that's why lol