My Best Friend and I Both Like the Same Guy. Advice?

I have known this guy for about two years and ever since I met him, I've realized how much I like him and how compatible we'd be. In the past two months, my best friend has developed a major crush on him. She doesn't know I like him, she just thinks we're friends, and she talks about him all the time. The thing is, he really likes me; beyond a doubt, and even my other friends have noticed that he has come around more often just to talk to me. She wants to ask him out, but I don't think she realizes what's going on. She is far from his type, and I really don't think he'd say yes except to be nice. If I tell her I like him too, it won't go well. She is very protective and obsessive of her men, and I want to maintain peace, if you know what I mean. Any tips?

• Keep pursuing him! Don't let anyone get in your way.
  • Let it rest for a little bit and try again later on. See if she gets over it.
  • Just try to forget him. It's no use ruining a friendship for boys.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, you could try figuring out who he likes. Maybe he likes you, or your friend. Maybe he likes neither. Either way, just continue being friends and don't fight over this guy. And whoever he picks, don't let it hurt you and don't try to hurt your friend.

If you're certain he likes you though, then see if you can convince your friend. Don't be mean or forceful about it. If she takes it the wrong way, just let things cool down between you two. Don't start dating until you're certain she's okay with it.

What Guys Said 3

• For men here, whoever of the two is serious enough to propose 1st (even if just for engagement) and if the other side accepted them it is over, and no hard feelings.
    I do not like the idea of "calling dips" then sleeping on it, the both of you must be decisive either to have progress or just move on with you life.
    And of course the final call is his, and he might even turn you both down.

• You should share him with each other

• Basically find a back up if you're friend still go's for him

What Girls Said 4

• If your other friends think it's obvious he likes you, then let them tell her that. She may look out for these clues and understand he likes you. Maybe then she'll come talk to you about it and you will figure it out from there :)

• Maybe try to tell her about how HE likes you. Don't talk about how you like him, that will probably make her more upset. It's not worth ruining the friendship over though.

• Listen, friends can't "claim" a guy. That is a person, with a mind of his own. HE is the one who decides who he wants to date. You need to sit down with her and be very real about the situation. Let her know that you still care about her as a friend and why you were hesitant to tell her the truth. If you have a true friendshio, she will understand.

• I understand the situation but if you were closer to her she would know your feelings towards the boy and backed off a long time ago. If she's not a close friend then it's not worth it.