Girls, would you date a guy that's younger than you?

I want to be in a serious relationship with a girl but all the girls my age 16,17 are kind of childish and don't really take it seriously. Would I have a chance with say a 19 year old or even a 20 or 21 year old? They're older, more reponsabe and it'd make thing so much easier. Plus they're really hot ( in a respectable way )

But then don't older girls want older guys? Like a macho man? I mean I'm manly and I go to the gym stay fit but I'm still youngish...

18

Most Helpful Girl

• Ok so I am quite a bit older than your target group... however, I have been attracted to younger guys before. Some younger guys act more mature than older guys - that is, they hold a great conversation, they dont turn into gorilla's when their mates are around, they are confident and decisive and they show that they are interested in the woman for who she is and not just for sex. They usually know how to flirt well too.

• Haha no that was great advice! Thanks!

• Good luck... and if you dont get your 21 year old now then you only have to wait a couple of years.

What Girls Said 17

• I'm older (obviously, lol) and up to my current boyfriend everyone I have ever dated has been younger. Some just a few years, some much MUCH younger. My current guy is a year older than me.

I enjoy my time with younger guys. For me, though, they must have a mature outlook on life.

Sounds like you do. Try the older girls, at your age, age isn't as important to them yet.

• Thanks! That was helpful!

• no. never again.

• Personally I don't date anyone younger then me. There are some girls out there who definitely would. I do like older men, my boyfriend is in he's 30's.

I don't think a "macho man" has nothing to do with it honestly. All of us girls prefer different things, just consider that in the equation

• I would, but only like two years younger because I'm still pretty young myself.

• Even though I would never date a younger guy, I have a friend who's 17 and he has a 21yr old girlfriend and they've been together for a year or so... There is hope ahhah

• no i prefer older guys

• Most girls tend to like older men but their are exceptions. if you want a older girl to like you be confident, honest and strong (mentally) and learn to give her what she wants.

• My boyfriend is 21 and I am 28 :) But I look his age lol and also feel his age so it isn't even noticable. So my answer is kinda obvious; yes

We fell in love and are very much alike

• oh and he isn't macho, he is very sweet and caring <3

• No, I prefer guys who are older. But for sure there are girls who are open in dating guys younger than them.

• Yes I'm dating a guy right now who is 2 years younger than me. He's 21 and i'm 23.

• No, probably not, because then I'd be in a 'relationship' with a 14-16 old BOY!

• My boyfriend is almost 2 years younger than me, I'm 19 and he's 17

• Do you encounter any problems? Or is it normal? Thanks

• Not really, we are on about the same level and I think it helps that we were best friends before we got together

• It depends, I would only date a younger guy if he had the maturity of a man the same age or older than me.

• Basically nope

• No not really

• One you get in college your age won't matter much. The three guys I have dated while in college have been younger than me by about 4 or 5 years (I'm 24), however I do get told a lot that I look 4 or 5 years younger so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. But I really don't care how old a guy is it's all about who a guy is (how he acts both around me and his friends).

Hope this helps

• Yeah. . I would date. I went to out with who is younger than me :-)