Why do men "take it slow"?

What does it mean when guy enjoys my company (at least he says so), he plans wonderful dates outside of the city (which costs him also some money), but we meet only during weekends and he doesn´t initiate kissing or anything physical. He is super-nice, super-polite, a real gentleman when talking to me and I see he puts lots of efforts in making me feel good. But why he doesn´t want to meet more often and why is not trying to move it to the next level?

Most Helpful Guy

• He probably really likes you and doesn't want to mess things up. You're likely a hard person to read (ie if you're into him).

• I was told that I look very reserved in general. But I´m trying really hard to show him that I like him - on our last date I brought sandwiches and cupcakes made by me. I always compliment him for being thoughtful and last time I sent him a kissing emoticon (hope he got the hint :)).

What Guys Said 6

• Because coming strong usually sends women running for the hills.
    And time between dates allows them to be special - no guy can take a girl to Paris three times a week (unless they both live there :-D).

OR

He likes it just the way it is, and sees no point in changing a winning recipe.
    After all 'commitment' is an imposed social construct that he just might not be ready for.

OR

He has a keen self-protection mechanism that stops him from taking it further, and needs to be absolutely 1000% sure what he's getting himself into.
    Especially if he's a successful and somewhat wealthy guy.
    Because let's be honest... there are a substantial amnount of women out there that puts wealth and status higher than the guy they're actually with.

• Well, here's how *I* see it at least:
    The guy needs some time to think, OR he has a shitty job that allows him only weekends off. Either way, he's being somewhat tactical about not wanting to lose you.
    The fact you've said he's being a gentleman and makes a lot of effort to make you feel good, likely means he:
    1) Indeed likes you and enjoys your current state of relationship, but is afraid to move to the next level because... whatever the hell is sitting in his head...
    2) Shitty job, shitty timing.
    3) Being tactical and is attempting to find the best time to take it to the next level.

When I was with my ex, if someone looked at MY date plans, they would accuse me of being lux luthor's son or something!

• coz they r afraid that they might lose u if they do basically...;-)

• too vague to assess. but in general us Gentleman take things slower than your typical horndog on Tinder.

If you build something fast, it won't last long. if you build something slower, it'll last much longer.

• maybe he isn't sure you feel the same, and doesn't wana get hurt incase you dont respond with the same feelings as him

• Because slow and steady wins the race

What Girls Said 1

• he's trying to not be seen as "needy" but its clear he's giving you signs he like you.