Guys, how old is too old to date?

this guy who i like love is at least 5 years older than me is it too old? how old is too old for you guys?

21

Most Helpful Guy

• I read a recent article about how this girl who was 17, was dating a 23 year old man. She was 17, young, naive, dumb etc.. but the guy she dated for 2 1/2 years was essentially a psychopath, without actually killing anyone. He was possessive, controlling, drunk, lazy everything bad you can think about a person, he was. He told her that he had only had two sexual partners in his whole life and that they were both one night stands, so, no girlfriends before.

It took her 2 1/2 years to break up with the guy. I'm just sayin'

What Guys Said 20

• You need to wait until you are 18 as no guy will go near you over 18 unless they are morally friggin corrupt.

• He is 21 and you are 16 - Thats is too much of a gap - Anymore than 18 is too old for a 16 year old.

• Once when I was waiting to cross the road, this beautiful elderly woman came up beside me. She had long grey hair, and I swear she was a total babe. I'm not sure of her age, and she looked, like, healthy, but damn. Have never experienced that otherwise. I would have dated her in a heartbeat. And I'm not usually like that.

• You're fine. I have usually dated girls up to 11 years younger (19, I barely turned 30).

I have come to realize age is just a number society loves to use as excuse to give you shit about because their lives are pathetic and feel entitled to take their frustration on someone else.

• well some people think age is a big deal but me age is just a number your only as old as you feel no 5 years older isn't to old my dad is 5 years older then my mom my grandfather is 10 years older then my grandmother so no age isn't a big deal. but if your under 18 and he's over 18 yes its a big deal thats a no no once your 18 then its ok to date him not till then. unless you want him to go to jail.

• the largest time span that i'd say is ok 15-25 is a 5 year gap, however if the couple are both 20+ id say around a 10 year gap.

• I am not actively looking for anyone over 40.

• For me, probably 25.

• actually its very normal the difference of age can come up to 15 years its gd for a relationship this way

• I would have no problem dating a woman 30 years older than me. But I wouldn't date a girl which is below 18.

• I'm 36 and I would have no problem dating someone your age if the chemistry was right between us.

• yes if you are only 16, 5 years is too big of a difference

• I'm 25 and I'm seeing a girl that is 18.
    7 years apart.

• if you were a freshmen and he was a senior then 4-5 years yeah thats my limit but that is pushing it a little

• I think a girl who is more than 5 years younger than me is too young to date, and vice versa.

• Date who you want.. I've dated a 19 year old.. I get along better with girls younger

• Age doesn't matter. Liking matters.

• Yeah your age 16 check the dating laws in your state
    ask your parent/ guardian their views on the age difference
    if your age 16 the age of consent you could only date with
    no sexual contact at all.

• I'm 29 and my girlfriend is 21 so I wouldn't worry about it!

• that sounds ok