What will happen when the male birth control pill becomes available for men?

Like how will society be adjusted because I heard someone say on here that it's going to be a big change for men when it becomes available? Like what... besides not able to have children?

Most Helpful Girl

• A male birth control pill would mean that men have greater reproductive control. Currently the only form of birth control that men have available to them is condoms (or a vasectomy), and so they must rely on their female partners to use birth control and to use it properly. It's a lot of trust to put into another person.

A male birth control pill would mean more evenly shared birth control, in terms of responsibility, costs, and side effects.

Not all women are able to take hormonal contraception, so it will be great that couples have another option.

Ultimately, I think it would lead to less unwanted pregnancies (couples could use both male and female birth control if they wanted), as well as less, well, "half-wanted" pregnancies (i. e. situations where the woman gets pregnant and wants to keep it, but the man doesn't want a baby).

One possible negative affect of a male birth control pill is that it could decrease the use of condoms, which could increase the rate of STDs.

What Girls Said 4

• I think there is going to be a double standard where men will expect girls to continue to use the pill and men will feel like they shouldn't have to take the pill. At least for the most part.

• shared responsibility honestly. no longer can men (not all but some) blame an accidental pregnancy on a woman because of a late pill, pills affected by medication etc because it would be just as much their responsibility to take birth control. also probably a rise in std rate because there will be a rise in unprotected sex because the main scare for most men is pregnancy (in my opinion)

• The hope would be that at least less men have to deal with babies they never wanted in the first place but are forced to take care of the kid because the person they had sex with "forgot" a day. Not sure of anything else besides that.

• It depends on its side effects.

Female hormonal contraceptives mess with a lot of behavior, such as mate choice. Women are more likely to choose mates they aren't that attracted to on the pill. But it also helps prevebt unwanted pregnancy. But it also messed with many women's emotional state.

So, with that model, it stands to reason that guys would have more reproductive independence, but other side effects.

What Guys Said 3

• LOOOOOOOOL

that would b funny.. personally i'd give it a try basically!

• I think more unwanted birth is going to decrease

• I doubt that will actually be able to make one, but I wouldn't take it.