Would you date a coworker?

I've never been the one that would date a coworker because I feel like you may be setting yourself up. Now in the past I have dated someone I met at work but that only because one of us or both of us left the job. So gag would you date an coworker or not? Explain why.

Most Helpful Guy

• I can't say whether I would or not with any certainty. But, If I want to date someone and they want to date me under any other circumstances (as in circumstances where work is not a factor). It only seems to become a tough question when work is added as a factor. So, maybe the only things to consider in the decision (aside from level of interest in the person) are things regarding how work might complicate the situation. Things like:

Company Policy (can this get you fired?). Level of attachment to the job (if it ends one bad terms and makes work there difficult, can you see yourself working somewhere else? Ability to change rolls or shifts within a company (if for any reason you are seeing this person to much can you work it to where you see them a little less?). Standing (rank wise) in regards to the person of interest (will hierarchy be an issue?).

... And, probably most important. who are you making jealous? When ever you start showing interest in or going out with someone. You are almost always going to make someone jealous. Either over you or over them. And, if your dating a co-worker. You might want to make sure that person is not the exact wrong person to have upset with you or the person your dating.

What Guys Said 10

• I once developed some feels for a coworker and it ended badly. From now on no coworkers. It is not a good idea in my opinion.

• Only if I were the boss

• yes i did date one once. We had a great relationship. But unfortunately we're no longer together.

• Nope. I'm there for the money not the honeys.

I rhymed so it must be true...

• I am a teacher, and no, i would never date a co worker.

• May be...
    .

• Probably not as if we split it would make going to work worse.

• currently i have started seeing someone at work. i have liked her for a while and so far so good. she is looking to change jobs. lots of couples in our company.. once you get your job done as normal and leave domestics at home i see no problem.

• No. Never mix business with pleasure.

• Hell naw since that's just asking for trouble IMHO if and when things don't work out. She might fuck around and lie on your to get ya fired LOL i1127.photobucket.com/.../...f.com-add-text_15.gif ontop of the awkward moments that would cause daily since you have to see her face daily after the breakup.

What Girls Said 8

• No, it is never a good idea to do so!

• Sure. It would be pretty awkward if we broke up for a little while I suppose, but I'm good at ignoring.

So sure.

• If I'm management level. No. It's just not good because people gossip and make up lie behind your back.

• No... because I feel like it could get awkward.

• No, because I'm afraid of a worst case scenario. If it turned out bad I would be forced to work with him or he could try to cause trouble and get me fired.

• Nope never because it is career suicide

• Honestly ill hesitate but i might

• Office romances doesn't end badly?