Poll: Do you usually date people that have the same personality as you or ones that tend to be different?

I was reflecting a few days ago and realized almost all the guys I've ever been in a serious relationship with have been guys that are very different from me... I'm pretty structured and introverted but tend to go for guys that are more extroverted and spontaneous. What's interesting is that my sister has more of a sassy and outgoing personality but she normally goes for the more serious and introverted guys. I thought it would be interesting to take a poll to see if more people date people that are similar to them or different than them.

• I usually date/am interested in/am in relationships with people that have the same personality as me
  • I usually date/am interested in/am in relationships with people that have a different personality than me
  • I just want to see the results

Most Helpful Girl

• I usually don't date.

• What about people you're interested in/ have been interested in the past? :)

• The guys I've liked have been the opposites as in I'm introverted they're extroverted. But that's probably just a coincidence.

What Guys Said 3

• don't care... i just dislike shitty personality basically

• I am introverted, and have a very sad and negative vibe, but I'm always drawn to girl who have positive, bubbly personality.

So yeah, i usually go for the opposite.

• opposites attract you live and you learn lol

What Girls Said 5

• it's a little of both actually. different in some and the same in others. the same socially, usually different in intelligence areas.

• I usually go for a similar personality as me.

• A bit different but with the same sense of humor.

People that are too similar just don't work out in my opinion...

• I'm not in the dating game yet but I think I am interested in people more like me. Fun to be with, loud, like arts and sports, etc..

• I don't really date but i guess a lot of the guys i like are usually different to me and most of the time i puck shit up because i get too worried about it ha.