Advice for first relationship?

So I've never been in a real relationship (hence the title) and there's this classmate of mine who we talked to each other everyday and we have so many things in common, more so then my regular friends. He's sorta like me personality wise, we both are chill, nice and honest and I find his straight forward personality my most favorite thing about him cause not a lot of people are like that and he does it in a nice way too. Anyways, I've been sorta back and forth with this whole thing. Im pretty sure he likes me and now that the year is coming to an end, it'll only be a matter of time before something gets done. Now my question is, how are relationships generally? Better than being single? Im not much of a texter, so would we have to text a lot I don't know. When i think about us dating, I feel weird, or maybe its that im intimidated cause he's had many girlfriends, one that lasted over two years too, and he is just so more expierenced than me that I feel awkward that the most I've done were just a few drunken make outs. I don't know what advice can u offer?

Most Helpful Guy

• Remember that one of the things he might like about you is your inexperience. Some guys enjoy being the more experienced teacher with a less experienced girl "student." Most of the things that you do to express your feelings in a dating relationship are instinctive and you will not need any instruction or lessons.

Early on, if you say to him, "I'm glad that we are dating but I'm a little nervous because I've never done this before, so if there is anything that I do that seems a little strange, I hope you'll be patient and show me how to be a good girlfriend," you will win his heart.

However, if he wants to engage in sexual behaviors, do not give in to any pressure to do something that is contrary to your beliefs and values. You may lose a boyfriend by refusing to give in, but you will preserve your self-respect.

What Guys Said 4

• It will fail. You don't need to do much more than watch it burn.

• See first relationships usually end up.. with something to learn.. I am not saying u guyz won't go far.. but take it slow.. real slow.. u shud know ur differences.. understanding, compatibility... better go slow.. and steady.. if u want make it work

• Just enjoy yourself is my adivse. Relationships are a lot of fun! :)

• number 1 you can get from me is dont be clingy lol

What Girls Said 2

• Just don't do anything you're not comfortable doing. Don't lie to your parents (this I learned from experience) about having a relationship because you probably won't be able to enjoy it out of fear.

I don't find being in a relationship any better or worse than being single. Dating is really just looking for someone to share experiences with. Don't stress. It should be fun!

• To be honest I think you should care about your grades first

Cause when I think about other things like that, I almost fail