Why did he ask me that?

The guy messing with us just asked me if I can get pregnant. I said yes, but im on birth control why? His response was I just don't want any surprises, I don't eat any kids right now. I don't know.. It made me think like is he asking because he just doesn't want to have kids with me. We aren't together but we're exclusive we only talk to each other. I just get confused like why ask me that if we aren't even like that.. It's almost as if he wants to make sure he doesn't accidentally get me pregnant.. Am I wrong?

I have birth control because I don't want kids at the moment but it was just a weird thing to ask. He didn't say he didn't want to have kids he said he didn't want kids right now.. But he's 26 .. I honestly feel like he meant he doesn't want kids with me

Most Helpful Guy

• yeah... betterb sfe than sorry i guess... anyway use condoms they might b more effctive basically

• I mean I have birth control because I don't want kids at the moment but it was just a weird thing to ask. He didn't say he didn't want to have kids he said he didn't want kids right now.. But he's 26 .. I honestly feel like he meant he doesn't want kids with me

• 26 is kinda early in my opinion according 2 me... can't imagine myself beeing a dad after 3 years basically... o_O

• Ok maybe I'm overreacting lol... I'm 24 and don't really want to have any kids as yet either lol.. He's such a confusing guy.. Sometimes he says things and I don't know how to take it.. We aren't together which I feel makes it a little harder to understand things between us lol

What Guys Said 1

• Maybe he does want kids

• Yea I just felt maybe he said it because he didn't want kids with me lol

• Because it would turn into an argument but thanks

• So what? It turns in to an argument, that lasts what, 5 minutes, then you go back to normal but at least it doesn't leave you hanging by what he's talking about

What Girls Said 1

• He kind of sounds like an asshole. He probably doesn't want kids at all and wants to be sure that that he can have sex with you without consequences. If you get pregnant, he might leave you. Tell him if he doesn't want any surprises, you just shouldn't have sex.

• I don't think he doesn't want kids.. I think he said it because he dated a girl who got pregnant and gave the baby up for adoption while he was deployed. He fought to get the baby then turns out it wasn't his. I just felt he asked me because he didn't want to have kids with me specifically that's how I took it

• Yea I didn't want to say anything to him because I thought he would get frustrated with me for overreacting.. Which I feel I am a little but I never know since we aren't together sometimes I just don't know where we are lol. I do think 24 is young to have kids.. I def want to wait til act silly closer to 30 lol and he's 26 but I think I'm just gonna let it go lol.. I think I overreacted

• It's your choice but what he said seemed kind of rude (his word choice).