Why ask me out and then don't follow through?

I've been single and not dating anyone for the past 3 years. I've been hyper focused on my work and recently, 4 guys have all asked me out on dates. Then, when the day comes, they stand me up or don't follow up to set things up.

I am so confused and I haven't dated in a long time and I'm very interested in dating, but I'm perplexed by this behavior and how to get back into dating.

I'm attractive, fit, and have my own business. Three of the guys run in the same social circles, but I haven't gone out with any of them because they've all seemed excited when asking me out and then just disappeared. WTF? It would be a first date, not anything serious so what could the problem be?

9

Most Helpful Guy

• Seems you're running headlong into the changing times, with many men having a very short attention span, and/or being flakes. It's very hard to imagine its you based on your self-description, as what right-headed guy wouldn't appreciate a girl who is attractive, fit, and a capable businesswoman? Certainly not this man.

What Guys Said 8

• It could be that they talked. So, each thinking the other may be going on the date backed off, leaving you the odd man out. Try again. pick one and say " hey when are we going out?"

• I don't think there's anything wrong with you, i've had women bail out on me and i've only been the dopest to them. You run your own business so you should already know you shouldn't give up or else nothing will come :) some people can just be odd and not everyones the same

• Perhaps meet men elsewhere compared to where you have been meeting them? I'd suggest going on an adult outward bound adventure.

• Probably got nervous as hell. If you are all of those things, they probably thought it as a good idea, thought over it, and got intimidated and didn't know what to do besides dip.

• In the same circle huh, sure you aren't being played?

• Guys can be complicated sometimes, I guess cause them guys maybe be use to being single, so for them to build up their confidence by asking a woman out, for them to actually be on a date can be real scary.

• The problem is that they think you are out of their league all man have that issue some choose to go beyond it!

• "Three of the guys run in the same social circles,"

Well there's your problem.

And some guys are flakes and/or are dating other people too, decided they like the other girl before talking to you. That's probably guy number 4.