Is he being honest? Am I over thinking or is he just trying to put off asking me by lying and saying he will?

So I went on a date with a guy nearly a month ago. It was great and we got on really well. I know he's busy studying for his exams which are soon. But he's said a few times now that he will ask me out again and that I shouldn't worry. But the whole thing just seems off to me. The only time he text me first after our date was when he was drunk... So it's like he's not really putting much effort into talking to me. I'm not expecting lengthy texting sessions. Even a text saying "Hey how are you?" Is all I'm asking for but nope.. He doesn't live too far from me and I doubt he's studying every single day. He could easily meet up for a coffee or something in the early evening. Am I over thinking or is he just trying to put off asking me by lying and saying he will?

3

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 2

• It does sound like he is lying, but here is a question for you. Is he the smart intellectual type who doesn't have any emotional intelligence whatsoever?

• Not sure what you're not understanding. . you have the answer right in front of you. How much more rudeness do you need to get this through your head.

He's not putting effort = he's not that into you.

Stop making excuses.