How should I introduce the guy I'm seeing if I were to ever run into someone I knew with him?

I've been seeing this guy for about 3 months now and have told about him to my friends. It started as casually hooking up but we have been gradually acting more like a couple. We go on dates, we hold hands, and we talk about our lives to each other. The thing is, when we first started seeing each other, I asked him what we were and he didn't want to put labels just yet and I'm too afraid to ask again since it could be annoying. Now I have a fear that I'm going to run into someone I know with him and have to introduce each other. I don't know if I should say "hey, _______, this is my boyfriend, ______" or friend or I don't know! If I say boyfriend and we aren't at that step yet, it could scare him off, but we aren't just friends either and saying "guy I'm seeing" is just odd and weird. What should I call him?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• You don't have to label an introduction. A simple "this is John" works. Don't rush a label if he isn't ready :)

• I think it's not too soon to check with him again. If he seems put off, um be careful he might have commitment issues...