What did I do wrong?

I was casually seeing this guy for about a month. It was mostly just a friends with benefits thing. The other day I asked him if he wanted to come over and he responded by saying he didn't know what I was looking for and that he couldn't be in a relationship because his ex screwed him up. He also said he was sorry for leading me on and that he thought I was great. We've seen each other once since then and everything was pretty normal. But now he's acting really weird and taking days to reply to texts. I asked if he wanted to hang out next week and he just said he wasn't sure. What did I do wrong?

Most Helpful Guy

• nothing... actually i believe he's feeling guilty... and has a hard time responding u basically... :-/

What Guys Said 2

• You wanted friends with benefits, he wants real relationship perhaps

• Sounds like he's starting to regret ever starting the friends with benefits , good

What Girls Said 2

• Okay he might feel like your clingy. Usually with fuck buddies (pertaining to guys) they don't like to hang out or anything afterwards. It probably feels weird to them. To me it seems you caught feelings for him but he hasn't got any for you. Just stop inviting him out. If he hasn't invited you anywhere after your sexual encounters then don't plan on asking him because he may feel uncomfortable.

• You don't "hang out" with a friend with benefits.

You fuck them. Period!

You see him as fwb- he sees you as a fuck buddy. You don't hang out with a fuck buddy.