How to accept that you will be forever alone?

So I have given up on looking for a girl because of the bad experiences that I've had with them like getting rejected all the time. I just want to know how I should forget about having a significant other without not letting it make me sad.

Most Helpful Guy

• My strategy was to start something incredibly challenging and time consuming, something that would irk my mind constantly until I succeed, and it has to be enjoyable at the same time. Video games used to fit that mold (to no degree of real world success) but I've tapped into the Internet Marketing business. Other people study Real Estate, others open a brokerage account and build a stock portfolio.

These are fields that require boundless knowledge and adaptive strategies to changing circumstances in order to succeed. That keeps you busy and commands your focus. That's what has kept me from worrying about or caring about finding a girl.

My drive is to reach unprecedented success, and be the man who changed the fortunes of my family. Maybe at the end I'll find some high quality women to settle down with, not the low-grade crap that has given me grief my entire life.

This is how you come to terms with sucking at something. Find something to be good at, something you're passionate about, and dominate it. You can't control whether or not a girl finds you attractive or loves your personality/status. You CAN control your career success.

What Girls Said 2

• Seriously.. you're 22. Come on now.

• I don't think you should give up so soon. Don't look for love, let if find you. Yes, its cheesy and cliché but its also really good and helpful advice.

What Guys Said 8

• Everyone keep saying you shouldn't give but I'm here to help you as I respect you decision to give up.
    1. Replace people with machines. Get good at with machines. Visit engineering sites know how to things work. This is a process that take years to master. Try taking an old unused PC an installing Linux mint on it. I. T. professionals mechanics, and engineers are in high demand.
    2. Stop listening to love songs. 1960's and 1950 music is your friend here. Plus there catchy and innocent.
    3. Read about Gandhi, Jesus Christ and Buddha as there teaching will help you find an inner peace that you won't feel the need to be in a relationship.

• You shouldn't accept that at all.

But... You could focus on building yourself up instead. Make sure you have a good job, save money, get yourself a house. Build your life into something a girl would WANT to be part of. If you have your life put together your chances of finding a decent girl go up by... A lot.

No homo, but you look better than I do and I can find girls. So can you, but I'm more interested in making my own life better. Once I'm happy with where I'm at, then I'll start looking for a relationship. Right now that's just not part of my goals

• Is having a significant other really your ultimate goal in life? If not then focus on your actual goal.

• its too early to give up. you only 22! Maybe you going for the wrong girls. there's someone for you out there, but if you give up now you will never meet them. Dont accept that you are going to be alone forever because you not, unless you really want to.

• That's not something you should ever accept. Work harder. Make moves.

• Don't give up

• You're 22 years old. You don't think you're being a little overly dramatic? It gets better; you will meet women who are interested in you. The first step is that you have to love yourself before you can love someone else. Rejection is a normal part of the game; every guy has been rejected countless times. When life knocks you down, get up off the mat and keep going.

• When I was much younger, like early teens, I struggled with accepting I'll be forever alone but to be honest there are a lot more reasons why I don't want to be in a relationship and don't see much benefit to having one, so it doesn't sadden me now that I know that. I'm unsure how to help you though.