Dating age difference?

My poll is for anyone (please vote and/or leave comments that are NOT anonymous so I can see your age and sex)

This poll is asking from the stand point of the older one in the relationship, and its from the beginning of dating up to around 25 (being the oldest) or so...

I am wanting to see what the majority (young people and older) what they think the morally "okay" difference is...

BY THE WAY, I am 18yr old guy and I'm kind of old fashioned, and a gentleman, and been told that I act like I'm from the 50's...so I'm curious as to what a lot of people vote and their age

• Same age pretty much to 1 year younger...
  • Eh, about 1 year younger, no more...
  • 2 or 3 years younger....
  • Anywhere up to 5-6 (maybe more) years younger (even when you're over 18)
  • It just doesn't matter AT ALL, screw it, and il date 15 years younger if I want, (assuming you (voter) are 20 or so)

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm 34, and I'm comfortable dating women who are about 28 to 40. but those ages aren't carved in stone

• I agree that's around the area it really doesn't matter aton unless its just way way too much

What Girls Said 2

• I guess I can't really vote, because me situation is actually the other way round. My boyfriend is 24 and I'm 19. We've been together for 2 years, and I can tell you it can work no matter the age difference. My previous boyfriend was also older then meet. We met when I was 15 and he was 20 and we also dated for two years, another amazing relationship, but in the end is just didn't work out. Not because of the age difference, but rather because I wasn't emotionally connected anymore.

So, what I am trying to say is that the age difference doesn't really matter. What matters is the level of maturity and the feelings both have for each other.

• True, but also you have to think about the parental stand point, I just don't feel right being 18 and dating a girl that's 15 because of the age difference, and also kinda because of the law too, NOT THAT I HAVE SEX, just that even with parental permission to be with me, I can still get into major trouble if she's alone with me PERIOD, yea I have some pretty good legal knowledge....

• Well yeah, I guess it depends on the laws of the state and etc. Though for me those laws didn't really apply as I am Brazilian and also always had parental consent. Anyways, as I said, the level of maturity is also really important. Personally, at 15 I was considered really mature. I guess the whole experience of studying in a boarding school, living abroad (in Switzerland) and away from your parents, also makes you grow and mature much faster. Moreover, at 15 I had already developed.

• Well okay and I don't mean physically....like your last statment, that doesn't matter, but yes level of maturity is the main thing that can throw off the age differences, like for me, I'm the odd one out, as in not many like me, I'm WAY more mature than pretty much any guy my age or alittle older I've ever met.....and I'm and 18 dating a 21, almost 22 year old woman who calls me mature....

• I myself prefer to date men that are older than me. My cut off though is four years. I just turned 20 and I my newly acquired boyfriend is a year younger than me. Even though I prefer men that are older, that won't stop me from dating a person that I genuinely like. Right now I just see him as himself, and not as a number.

What Guys Said 1

• I am 24, but I have learned the hard way that is unhealthy to date any women younger than 21. This does not apply to ALL women, but most women that age are still maturing and learning how the world works. This can be frustrating to deal with. Also, girls that age think they should be treated like princesses and they don't need to show appreciation. Maybe I am biased but I would never go down that road again.

• Yeah, it's true, I do agree that most girls my age are still maturing. I'm sorry that in your case the relationship didn't work out. But if both the guy and the girl are at the same place in their lives and wish to commit to each other, even if it may be hard to deal with some stuff (like friends, and other pplease opinion), there is no reason why the relationship shouldn't work. I'm 19 and my boyfriend is also 24, we have been together for a bit more than 2 years now, and it just keeps getting better :).

• Now I am old fashioned, I think girls and women should be treated like queens, not to an over kill extreme, but payin the tab, openin doors, carrying stuff, helpin in general, but that's just me, and I've been told I act like its the 50's.....so that might explain some of it