A 13 almost 14 year old dating?

Would you let a 13 almost 14 year old date?

• Yes
  • No
  • Other (explain)
Sorry I didn't update this sooner, but thank you for all of your replies! I know some people have different ways of thinking but when I brought up this subject with my parents they were totally cool with it. (For the people asking) I'm now happily with a guy the same age as me and no we will not have sex, that's something 13-14 year olds shouldn't do! Thank you once again for people who responded! :)

Most Helpful Girl

• At that age I think it's harmless to let two kids "date" supervised.

What Guys Said 8

• Uh hail no I wouldn't let a 13 almost 14 year old date. It wouldn't matter if it was boy or girl

• Too young to know what dating really is.

• Damn that's young when I was 13 I was way too shy to talk to girls lol, probably still in the cootie lmao

• It doesn't matter because you're gonna date anyway. I'm not too old to remember what I was like at that age. I also remember that telling a girl that age not to date a boy is just gonna make her like him even more.

• God, no! She's just a child yet.

• might let my son or daughter invite a date over to the house as long a parent was home

• Are they a teddy bear? If so then no. He has no business leaving home.

• yes because they dont know what dating is and they would just be friends so. UNLESS they both werent really innocent and were going to have sex or give oral then I wouldn't allow

What Girls Said 7

• It's probably not a good idea.

• Yeah. I wouldn't condone it but I wouldn't try to stop it. They cannot be in their room at my house with the door closed. And no displays of affection in front of me. Those would be my stipulations.

• I got my first boyfriend at 14... But I personally at that as long as you're not planning on doing anything sexual then it's fine and as long as the guy isn't older than you or of he is he's only a year older than you

• No, I wouldn't... 13 is too young.

• it depends on her intentions and views on dating as well as her knowledge and maturity

• You can't really stop a 13 year old from dating. It'll still happen, you just wouldn't know about it. I'd let them date, just under your terms and stuff.

• I say no. 7th and 8th graders are already having sex. Let them date when they are 15 or 16