Guys, Why do guys check out other girls when they are already in a relationship?

Why are guys such perverts when they are in a relationship?

20

Most Helpful Guy

• it's instinctual, can't remember where sorry, but a while back I was reading about some research done into this and the conclusion was that it's impossible for men to never do this. The good news is that it means absolutely nothing, the men in the test couldn't even remember the women they checked out.

The only problem with it all was how women tend to not be able to relate and often make a big deal out of this when it's really nothing at all.

So it has nothing to do with being "pervy" and everything to do with being a healthy adult male.

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 19

• Habit. . . and it just feels good to look at an attractive woman. We don't have any plans in our head about doing anything with the other girl; we just enjoy looking at her. It's the way we are wired.

• it's our nature. The same reason people still check out a desert menu even after they've already eaten.

• There are way too many attractive people in the world to not appreciate them. Besides it's not the dude is cheating, he's merely admiring for a split second and then returns right back to you (as if he ever left). I've also caught plenty of girls look at other guys while walking with their boyfriends.

It happens and its natural.

• I've tended to barely find other girls attractive when I really like someone. Sometimes I may find a girl attractive but I really don't care much.

• Look, I'm not saying that every guy is being innocent when he does this, but it's really just human nature. We aren't doing it to be unfaithful; we aren't even doing it on purpose; we simply cannot think in our head, "Don't check any woman out besides yours," every second of the day.
    In my experience, girls do the same thing when they see another man. It's not just men, it's a human thing.

• I turn around as soon as I see the boy. I try to relate myself to the other fella's, but my friend was trying to make me check out a girl that was sitting next to her boyfriend and I ended up actually getting her number when she was alown. I regret it to this day. (Happened about 2 weeks ago)

• All my senses are somewhat dulled already being with my SO about a year and a half. I know I can be flirty sometimes, but it's usually a harmless flirt and nothing sexual about it.

• It's not something that can be altogether controlled, but is very rude to do it front of one's girlfriend!

• Happens all the time. Girls check out other guys too when they're taken. Unless they cheat or attempt to then I don't see what the issue is,

• Just because we're in a relationship doesn't mean we've gone blind.

• Guys are visually stimulated.

• Don't you think pervert is kinda harsh for simply checking someone out?

• only 2 reasons, either they want to show there friends that they are too cool and girls are attracted to them. OR they are not happy with there current girlfriend.

• Because we aren't robots..

With that said, I do think a guy should do that out of respect for the girl he's with, but its not like our junk becomes non-functional just because we are in a relationship.

• why not? Is it a crime?

• yea i would u mad?

• Everyone does that when they are in a relationship

• dont deny girls look at other guys too. its natural.

• Because we aren't blind. Not going to pretend other people don't exist to pander to her insecurity.