How do you feel about people who say they're "spiritual but not religious"?

Most Helpful Guy

• That they get it, and have left the many dysfunctional and corrupted churches of man behind. No one needs a priest, rabbi, pastor, or reverend to have a personal relationship with the Creator, Source, God/dess, Great Spirit, or the God of your understanding. No one needs a confessor, a hail mary, or any ritual beyond what they themselves feel to be sacred, consecrated, and pure. Nor is it necessary to witness or proselytize to the whole "heathen" "non-believer" world, as it's not for us to judge another's path as being wrong, right, lesser-than, or greater-than our own. That is just Ego, dogma, and arrogance blinding us, when Intention and Attention are everything. Going to some four-walled box to sing songs or hymns as a group simply doesn't do it or resonate in the heart for some folks. Nothing wrong with that at all. To each their own. Live, and let live. That is true Grace. Eternal Love is all there is, and it is all that matters. Just be kind and good to one another. The rest will follow in due course

• Thank you for giving me MHO :) I truly appreciate it! I've enjoyed reading your own opinions and thoughts, and would have given you the same on them.

• Thanks for the kind words. :)

• You are very welcome. :D Thank you for being such a wonderfully open, thoughtful, and expressive soul.

What Guys Said 7

• I think people are allowed to believe what they want without organized religion getting in the way, religion has cause many indifferences and people have out grown it. Every person should be allowed to be spiritual with belonging to one organization.

• It's a cop out!

• I think what they are saying is, "I am my own god". Because every person is spiritual.

• Fine by me. If I see a beautiful girl, I get mighty spiritual, but I don't need any deities to pass judgment on me right then and there.

• I think religion follows traditions and spiritual means you go with the flow of spirituality rather than because it is a custom.

• cool with me, I think nothing of it

• Being diplomatic. Nice garden. Got figs?

What Girls Said 4

• I can understand why they would choose to not be religious, while still maintaining their spirituality.

• I don't really care to be honest. It's their business, not mine. They just chose to briefly share some of THEIR BUSINESS with me.

• I think spiritually is not religion its just self thinking and feeling in other words own opinion religion is when you follow what your religion is expecting you to do I was raise Catholic and I believe in god and respect him and I think he's everywhere but I don't condone some of the actions the church has said and done.

• All good, each to their own. I consider myself as spiritual.