Girl didn't offer to pay or thank me?

So I met this girl online.

Date 1 was at a coffee shop.. I paid for it.

Date 2 was dinner... we both had a shitty time. In the end, she didn't even offer to pay half. When the bill came she turned her head away. But, I was like okay... fine...

I was then hoping she would AT LEAST say a simple "thanks for dinner". But I got nothing, no text, no thank you. Even as we were leaving and got outside, I waited to see if she would say anything.

Nothing... wth? I mean really? How can you not thank someone for something

I noticed she only said thanks to the waitress once. While I was thanking the waitress each time she brought something. Maybe, I am just a very polite mannered guy.

But this just pissed me off... not so much her not wanting to pay. That was just me testing to see if she would offer to pay. But no thank you or appreciate when I pay for both of us... wow... sad!

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like a bitter, nasty woman! You're better off without her!

I always offer to pay, and usually insist on it! women seem to be always asking to be treated fairly in this world, but many can sure be hypocritical sometimes... :/

I apologize to you on behalf of all women, rest assured we are not all like that, so please give us another chance, ok? :)

• You seem so desperate lol

• Yeah, I definitely won't let 1 woman wreck it for others. I guess for me it was tough, because it was like she liked so many things I did... she was almost exactly like me... till the no polite manners kicked in...

• Well to me, that's a deal-breaker right there, not so much that one act, but that just tells you what kind of person she is and how she will be down the road with you. You don't wanna deal with that shit, trust me. Get rid of her and find a girl that deserves a guy like you. She certainly does not!

What Girls Said 9

• I really hate to judge people or say anything mean but she really sounds like a rude human😔 it's horrendous when people feel like they can act that way towards others, it's never ok. I'll thank you on her behalf, if that had been me no matter how "shotty" the date was I would have thanked you up and down and offered to pitch in because that's the right thing to do, especially when you are investing your time in her!

• damn!! at least she should pay the bills (even if you split the bills) at your dates.. and she doesn't really has manners... which is sad.. are you sure you really wanna be someone who doesn't has any manner?

• She's one of those girls who just expect a guy to take them out on dates. Some females believe that the male has to pay for every date.

But like you said here, that you're a well mannered guy. That's probably a lot of it.

Just take it as it is, and don't worry about it. She's just a rude bitch who think she needs to be pampered by every male.

• Wow that's extremely sad. I can't stand someone who can't say please and thank you either. The lack of it in someone can be astounding (as you have found out).

She think's that she can fool you? I don't think so.
    Drop here

• See the sad part is.. she probably doesn't care. She knows she can easily find men to chase after her. So sure I can drop her and save myself. But in her mind she probably thinks she can get guys easily.

She isn't a bad looking woman either.

• Well that's just plain rude! She should certainly appreciate you for paying for her, it's just common courtesy. Plus she should at least offer to pay, dating is a two way streak after all.

General rule for me is who ever asked out should pay for the first date but afterwards it's 50/50 or offering at the very least.

She sounds like a spoilt brat honestly.

• See for me... I wouldn't let her pay at all. But I wanted to see if she at least would offer. She didn't, so I still let it go thinking she would at least say thanks at the end... not even a text at all.

• That indeed is quite bad mannered of her. Id always pay half, or pay my share. But what do I know, Im dutch

• See for me, I didn't care that she didn't pay half... It was more so that she never even said "hey thanks for dinner".

I mean outside she smiled and still didn't say anything.

• She is just weird.. I always offer to pay at least half. And of course you need to thank someone who just paid for your dinner.

• Yea but in numerous surveys women said that they were taken back if the man let them pay. So do you genuinely offer, as in I WILL pay?

• Well as I see it.. she could've said thanks

I mean when I bought her coffee the 1st date. She only thanked me via text.

This time for dinner there was no thanks.

• That sucks, sorry it was such a bad date. Can't believe she didn't even say thanks. At least you don't have to see her again.

• Yeah it's sad, because I actually had LOTS in common with her. I guess one thing we didn't have in common was polite manners. She could've at least texted thanks for dinner.

• If you don't want to be a doormat, stop being a doormat :)

What Guys Said 9

• I've heard a very similar question beire and im gonna say the same thing. Why would she want to pay for half when she had a terrible time. She might as well get it for free if she could and thats why. Also a thank u has to be deserved. Why would she say thanks for something that was terrible. Sure u provided dinner for her, but she women think of the whole experience and not just the food. She was clearly disappointed and i dont blame her for her behaviour. Just try to make a better date next time and i'm sure the girl will be glad to pay for half and give thanks for an excellent date.

• Lol what a douche.

• U r absolutely right. She should hav said thanks and been polite. I was just trying to analyse things and seek reasons for why things happened the way they did. I'm just suggesting ways for u to improve next time so it doesn't end like that again. U always hav to find something for urself to work on and improve and not just put blame on others. Take something positive from that negative situation and u'll do better in the future.

• Oh believe me... I am taking some of the blame in this too.

I do know my axniety made it worse. Mostly, because I kept seeing things go downhill. That eventually, I couldn't cope under the stress and just lost who I was on the date. I guess I've never had a BAD date before. Usually, it's me that screwed it up. But this was the first time I just felt like I couldn't be myself.

• I really don't mind if she doesn't offer to pay half. I'm taking her out, I'll pay the damn bill.

But the whole not saying thank you to the waitress and you... yeah that's bad.

Just move on lol

• Start taking girls on free dates for a long time. Weed out the diggers so you don't get hit in the head with a shovel.

• I have a simple rule. If I invite her I pay bill. If we plan something together then we split the bill. Not thanking you is rude by the way, at least you got to know her personality in advance.

• You're the "Free Food" guy in his contact's phone, like some meme in the Internet.

This is a popular thing to the american's girl... Stop that and break up with her, you are used.

• lol damn dude you got used don't fck wit her anymore she probably thinks you're a free meal

• you need an extreme redo on your whole approach bro. after date one you should have known where date two was going or why waste your time... be more confident

• I think she is a rude and spoiled brat... no more dates with her anymore... Find someone new!!!

• How is this a question? She just sounds like a puta.