Guys, Can I date my brothers friend?

The my brother has a friend that likes me, I like him back, but my parents disagree... I want to go out with him. My brother wants me to too. But my parents are saying no. mis there a way I can convince them? I'm 16 and have been well ready to date, I got out of a year and a half relationship about 2 months ago. I just really like him and I've been friends with him since 2013. I just want to know how to convince my parents and know how to play this safely.

its okay, i talked about it with my parents, they just said take it slo. he's a 3.0 gpa kid, loves cars, and is my age. he's super respectful so everything worked out. thanks guys!

15

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 14

• Tell your brother you might like his friend and see what he says

• yeah it's ok... doesn't sound immoral 2 me :-)

• I guess your parents think you should wait. Try telling them he's cool and there's nothing to fear and that y'all will take it slow.

• I think yes. How old are you? I dated a girl for a couple of months and about a year later I was hooking up with her sister. It kinda happened and I regret that I didn't follow through with the 2nd sister more, so do it!

• There must be a reason why your parents disagree. Is it the age? Or is he somehow considered a bad influence? Try and reverse these points.

• Totally, but I would suggest talking to your friend first to make sure she understands and doesn't freak out about it.

• yes it's ok but since you're under 18 gotta listen to parents.

• You won't. You're gonna find a way to have sec w him eventually so just do what you have to do

• Listen to your parents, there must be a reason they are refusing you from dating this guy. You're way to young also, so wait until you're 18 to decide which guy you want to date.

• YES. GO FOR IT.

• yea that is weird as fuck

• Very good brother. But why do your parents disagree?

• noooooooooooooooooo trust ur parents dont do it ur making a mistake

• If you give them time to hang out its ok