Will marriage make me happy although I dont have internal happyness?

have low selfesteem issues since i was a kid and been thruogh a lot of crap from the last two years,

tbj im desperate to ne happy iv tried thearapy and everything... and i have self image issues aswell...

im so scared to get married one Day if he can't make me happy and only cares for himself...

I had an awful breakup last hear, since i have low self esteem, i asked and he told me That he thinks other girls are pretty and That he likes other things besides me and also faces other Poor relationships...

Most Helpful Guy

• Surrounding yourself with the right or wrong people can effect your happiness, but they can't make you be happy. If you have deep issues preventing yourself from being happy, then there is no one on earth that can force you to be happy. You need to deal with the issues preventing you from being happy.

I disagree with what I think AmandaLynn1930 is trying to suggest. People that are unhappy, can still be wonderful wives or husbands. There does come a point where your issues can effect the other person, but as long as you are treating them well and not bringing a lot of drama into the relationship someone else could still be happy to be in a relationship with you. In fact some happily married people don't have any idea that their spouse is unhappy. It is when you take your frustration out on them or expect them to always be your emotional rock that it starts to become an issue for the other person. This however is unlikely to be a solution for your unhappiness.

You need to figure out why you are unhappy and deal with that. If it is because you have never felt love, then finding the right partner may actually be a huge step in the right direction. If however this isn't the reason for your unhappiness then you will still be miserable.

There may be several reasons you are unhappy that you need to deal with. Some may be issues from a certain event when you got hurt in the past. Some may be issues about the poor quality of people you have known causing you to lose faith in humanity ever loving and accepting you. Some may be issues related to your health preventing you from being happy. This is why you need to figure out why you are unhappy before you can fix it.

The best advice I can give you without knowing why you are unhappy is to work on your health by eating right. Go to a doctor and see about medication that can help. Then cut out the bad people in your life, and only allow positive people in your life. Also work on building your self esteem.

• Being married can be crucial to someone being happy, but only if you are married to the right person, and married for the right reasons. This is because the right person can be there to give you support as you support them in return. It isn't the marriage itself that can help, but rather it is about having the companionship of a person that is a positive force in your life. So marriage can help, but marriage isn't a cure all, and if you marry the wrong person it can actually make things worse.

What Guys Said 5

• Huh

Nothing "makes" you happy. You "decide" to be happy. As Aristotle said, "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit". Don't sweat it too much. Stand up straighter. Smile. Also, search Google for the " Map of Consciousness". It should help you on your way. Be around happy people. Take up a hobby. Whatever. But the more you think about your problem, the bigger it is going to look. And that is a fact.

• Being married would probably be good for you in a lot of ways. And your husband could be the one to build up your esteem.

• Honestly? Cause a lot of answers here are telling me marriage won't make me happy, i once had internal happyness but thats long gone cause i sent thruogh some sever crap in my life including a Bad breakup.

• Yes, I think so. History has proven that the younger couples marry, the more satisfied they are in life (and in their marriages), the longer they remain married, and the less likely they are to cheat. Who knows all the additional heartache that dating may cause you.

• Make the life you want for yourself, first. Then invite someone to join you.

• No, it will not.

• no internal happiness comes from god he wants to hear from you so if you want to tell him everything go for it you have nothing to lose, and think of ur husband as a bonus, for physical and emotional love PENIS lol

What Girls Said 4

• marriage won't make you happy
    and if you can't make you happy, then you can't make someone else happy.
    you have to be happy and love yourself before you can do that for someone else...

• Well i love to please others, if That counts.

• it doesn't...
      marriage isn't just about pleasing somebody...
      im not trying to be mean... im a married person, so im just speaking from experience...

• no.. u need to be happy with yourself to make happy others.. nobody will make u happy, u can't expect others to make u happy... its only u and u and u...

loving guy can support u , give u love and trust but all the rest in on u.. u need to be strong enough to give him love and support as well...
    just work on it...

• If he tells me im the only one he wants then im the happiest girl in the world espeacialyif he is very considèrent of my feelings, i actually had a breakup a before in my life it pretty Much ruined my internal happness, since i got low self esteem i would ask and he would tell me some girls are prettier and has likes for other things besides me, since then i havnt has any internal happyness...

• your internal feelingsand happiness shouldn't be related to what he tells and feels towards u... u need to be happy by yourself...

• Happiness is a self thing first no one else can do it for you.

• Nothing will make you happy until you achieve inner peace.