Is always wanting to be with your boyfriend a good thing?

My boyfriend and I have been together for about two months bit we were friends for a while prior to that. The more we are together the more we don't want to part. Meaning when he drops me off after a date, neither of us wants the other to leave. Is that normal? Or should I be worried that it will mess up what we have together?

0|0
12|5

Most Helpful Girl

• Its normal but it is not a good thing. It shows that you probably don't have a life outside of a relationship. I have found that when you are apart more from each other the relationship grows more. No one wants to be all tied up in a relationship. Its nice to let each other breathe and do things outside of your relationship. I've also learned that when you are up under your so 24/7 it could drive them away such as being clingy or needy. Being with your partner all the time, and depending on them to make you happy or whatever else will cause you to lose yourself and get hurt. Space is important in a relationship, the more you are away from your partner the more they will miss you. Try not to smother your partner, let them breathe. Being attached to much to your partner could possibly led to the relationship because stale and then you two ending it. Just make sure you have a life outside of your relationship.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• Better than never wanting to be with your boyfriend...

You might as well hang out however long you want to.

0|0
    0|0
  • You need to be comfortable with yourself, get to know yourself sometimes too. Lots of time together is nice and all, but it's good to have alone time too.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's normal like Romeo and Juliet.

0|0
    0|0
  • you feed off each other's insecurities and supprt each other like two cripples. its a fragile thing that will end up soon.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, it means you don't have much of a life outside of school or work

2|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

• Nah, probably means you have no social life, few friends or you neglect the friendships you do have, and you have no hobbies or interests outside of being a girlfriend. Lame.

Plus, the more you do that, the more likely you are going to smother him leading the relationship to become stale.

2|0
    0|0
  • You need distance. You're in the "honey-moon phase" right now so it's normal to want to be with him all of the time, but it can put stress on your relationship. You'll get bored of that person and long for time alone, or at least one of you will, and can form resentment towards your partner for it. You need SOME time apart every now and again to keep the relationship healthy; distance makes the heart grow fonder.

1|0
    0|0
  • spending too much time together can turn into a bad thing...
    but as long as you're both happy and enoying each other an it's not affecting your personal life or shcool or anything, you should be fine :)
    just enjoy each other!

1|0
    0|0
  • It's not a bad thing. Be glad you have someone in your life you like that much. Enjoy while it lasts, maybe you won't feel this way forever. :))

0|0
    1|0
  • It's completely normal to feel that way. Just don't start ignoring daily tasks, in order to just be with him all the time. It's important to have a little space to let eachother miss one another, it's just a healthy balance.

3|0
    0|0
  • This sounds normal to me.

A date should make sure you get home.

It should be natural my lovely xxxxxxxxxxx

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not a good thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's normal to feel that way but its not a good thing. People need time to breathe, be alone, or with friends it gives you a chance to miss each other and remember having a life outside of having a relationship. Being with someone all the time and almost never wanting to be by yourself or with friends and family will cause you to lose yourself and if you break up with that person you have to find yourself again.

0|0
    0|0
  • Luv, that is perfectly normal... It just means you guys enjoy each other's company... Just don't let it get to much to the point where you can't wait to get away from one another... Its good to have breaks every once an awhile. ..

0|0
    1|0
  • Of course it's normal, especially early on.
    Just make sure you have time for other friends too.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's not necessarily a bad thing, but you need to not become overly attached. Getting clingy and attached will make it hard for you to have a social life. You should go out more without him, you too both need space and a life outside of each other.

0|0
    0|0