What would keep you from asking a female acquaintance or friend out that you find attractive and fun to hang out with?

I've often wondered about this. Would it be intimidation? Not feeling the spark? Or just wanting to keep it platonic? If so, what are your reasons?

7

Most Helpful Guy

• Previous experiences sometimes weigh heavy. Therefore, sometimes the what ifs get in the way. IE. Previous girlfriend or marriage.

What Guys Said 6

• If she has a commitment elsewhere.. mostly that. Most unmarried women are playing the field, and a large field it is!

• Well... if she gives me nothing to go on, I'd just assume she wasn't interested.
    Gotta throw a guy a little rope, to signal she wants more than what is.
    And of course there would have to be some attraction.

• Shyness or not being attracted to her in that way.

• being gay might be a reason even if they were attractive

• If she's married or in a relationship

• The girl I just met, is a girl that works somewhere that I've been frequenting recently, so right now we haven't even hung out as friends yet, but at the same time, I get to see her every week every other day (sort of) so it's not like it matters that we haven't hung out yet. If I asked her out, it would probably be in a couple of weeks (late May/early June) since that's when I'd stop getting to see her at her work for a while