Guys, Would this be an off-limits type of situation?

My brother has a friend who is five years older than I am. He hits on me any time he's at my house (and I won't lie, I kind of like it) and sometimes I tease him back. I'm sure it would never happen, but aren't sibling's friends off-limits? This guy even offered to be my "fake" boyfriend because this other guy has been bothering me (I said no to that offer, I can handle myself)

9

Most Helpful Guy

• If you are single and he is single it should be considered friendly flirting for now. It's possible that it might be something serious later but just keep it cool for now. I don't know if sibling's friends should be off limits. Maybe you should have a talk with your brother about him being okay with it happening. But don't let him be the one to decide if it will happen or not, just give him a courtesy heads up that it might happen so he can deal with it mentally and not be shocked when he finds out through someone else. I think it's awesome that he offered to be your boyfriend to stop a guy. Sometimes (the other) guy just thinks you are playing hard to get and when another man walks up acting like your boyfriend then he will get the hint. So maybe sometimes it's nice to have that. I don't ever doubt a woman can't handle herself. But why should you if you got someone who wants to help you as a friend by being your boyfriend. It's like the movie "Hitch" with Will Smith. Guy wouldn't get a clue and so he stepped in even though he was a stranger too. But the other guy got the hint then and left.

What Guys Said 8

• It seems a bit dodgy to me depends on the ages. If you were 18/19/20 then 23/24/25 is a big difference.

• I didn't mean anything would actually happen between us, it's more of a hypothetical question. And yes, I think the whole age thing would be of some concern since right now he can legally drink and I'm still in the age group of a lot of Directioners and other fangirls (not that I'm one of those fangirls, I'm just giving context).

• I see what you mean - Yeah I would think younger siblings of friends were off limuts.

• Haha I had the feeling you would say that. My brother doesn't seem to mind his friend hitting on me (but that could just be the whole "cool guy" fa├žade. His friend has actually turned to my brother and said "You're fine with us hitting on your sister, right? That doesn't bother you?" and he just shrugged it off.

• 20 years old and under sibling are off limits. When they turn 21 they're fair game, but if you hurt them I'm not sure how strong the friendship would be afterwards

• Yeah my sister went out with my best friend she broke the fuckin rules that Bitch! D:) so don't do it!

• Wasn't it equally your friend's fault as well as your sister's?

• Yeah, I understand. I'm sure nothing will happen between us for a couple years (at least) since there's still that age gap- which I know isn't as drastic feeling as I get older- but right now the age gap definitely shows even though we're both pretty much dorks about the same things. And I'm still in that era of petty high school drama while he's in college. I wouldn't go out with someone out of malice or deceit, that's not fair to anyone.

• I slept her roommate lol but I did liked her a lot she was cute she got my mind off of a bullshit girlfriend and she was sweet. You ever kissed somebody and it tasted like sugar? That's what she made me feel

• It would be selfish if you did. But your body is going to make you do it anyway

• Nothing propinx like propinquity (Mark Twain)
    Success!

• No. Unless you're 100% confident. it can ruin things for your brother... it can ruin things for you.. fyi: they always seem like a 'really nice guy'

• But he's actually genuinely a nice guy even when I'm not around. He's one of those guys who grew up on a farm and is willing to help out. He has this dorky sense of humor that you can't just fake. Don't worry, I'm not some naiive little girl, I am aware that those types of guys exist and I'm apprehensive about EVERYONE I meet. It takes me a little while to warm up to someone before I label them as a truly nice person or not and even then I'm always on guard to see if I'm wrong about my opinion. I'm not 100% confident, that's why this is a hypothetical question. Nothing is going to happen for a little while (if something were to happen), I'm sure of it.

• Haha I'm actually fine with dorky guys because then we at least have one thing in common. For example, last weekend we were all playing charades (half the people in the group were drunk and he was definitely tipsy so it was pretty entertaining) and we picked the Harry Potter category to act out. Anyway, only the two of us knew most of the things in the category. He watches Disney movies and actually sings/quotes them while watching the movie. So, yeah, sorry for that little monologue, but dorky is good in my opinion.

• @asker beyond dorky!! Drunk is fun, don't know about the rest there!

• Yes friends siblings are off limits, especially younger ones. My sister is 4 years younger than me and my friends would never flirt with her and certainly not right in front of me and out of respect I wouldn't flirt with any of theirs. My sister also knows better than to flirt with any of my friends otherwise she'd get a boot up the back side. Me and my sister are close, but even though you and your brother aren't close it still wouldn't be a nice thing to do by jeopardising his friendship with his best friend. I'm a firm believer of age is just a number however your right about giving it a few years, anything can happen in a few years :)

• Ok. So. Guys are not allowed to date a bros younger sister. That's bro code law. but in this situation, if you really like him, flirt back and see what happens. If your brother don't care, than proceed. If he does, proceed with much caution. If he were to hurt you, they would have a falling out because you're his sister and that's what brothers are for. Trust me I know from experience. So as long as nothing bad happens you should be good.

• He seems like a really nice person and even though I'm not close with my brother- the two of them are pretty close. I don't like to flirt back since the only time I can is if we're alone (I don't want anything too forward to happen especially because of our age gap) or with the entire family there watching the two of us. It's fun to tease him though because he is a huge dork (like me). I have enough high school drama in my life I don't need to deal with a relationship which I know won't work out. My friends are trying to get this other guy and me to go out and my brother's friend has his ex calling him five times a day so I think if anything were to ever happen it would be at least a few years in the future. But yeah, I understand the Bro-code and respect it completely.