Girls, is it that I'm ugly that I can't get a girlfriend ever?

Is it looks that girls go by cuz I am a really nice sweet guy but I am ugly I think my looks scare people away

12

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, it depends on the person. I myself get attracted to looks first, then their personality determines if I'm further attracted to them or if it pushes me away. My best friend on the other hand is attracted to personality primarily and is attracted to their looks because of their personality. She introduced me to a guy. I knew physically he wasn't my type, but as nice as he was, his personality just wasn't my type. It was hard to be attracted to him.

Keep in mind that just because you are sweet and nice, it doesn't mean you're going to attract everyone. Everyone has different tastes, personality included. Some girls like the mysterious, sensitive types, some like the very outgoing types, some like the shy guys. In other words, just because you're sweet and nice, it doesn't mean she'll automatically be attracted to you even if she doesn't care about looks. This isn't saying to stop being nice, lol, you just have to meet someone who just likes your personality.

I know a guy who is rude and it just annoys me (I don't know if he knows, but he makes people feel like crap for the things they enjoy). If he was lot nicer, then I would see the appeal of him dating, regardless of his looks. So, being nice does pay off, but your personality may not be for everyone.

Another thing is do you truly think you're ugly? How you perceive yourself may be the thing holding you back. If you keep complaining that you're ugly and no one wants you, it's kind of a turn off. Just try to be comfortable in your own skin.

• This 👏🏽

• It's kinda hard to do that I use to be very shy now I'm fine and I am bigger than most kids my age and tougher wich is a good thing to scare people that don't like me but not when I'm talking to girls cuz most of them act like they don't hear me and I feel retarded

• I used to be in your boat. I actually kind of still am. I completely confident and I have a lot of self esteem. But when it comes to guys I like, I just get all nervous and shy like when I was 16. It took some time to actually find myself, but I hate that I still get all shy around a particular guy.

What Girls Said 11

• i'm sure you're not bad looking. And you'll find a girl who will truly love you. Actually a woman who won't love someone just for his look but who will love a man for his heart and what's inside of it :)

• I've tried like pouring my heart out to them and they act like they are to good to hear it from me

• either they are not interested or make it seem like they're not but deep down, they like the chase. It's for you to see if the girl is really worth your time or you simply deserve better and the right girl will come eventually

• i know you aren't ugly, you just have to find the right girl for you. :) stay strong, you will find someone. Best of luck xo

• You just have to keep looking!

• Looks are important at first glance, but personality is way better. See how you treat girls and how you approach them and work from that. I'm sure that no matter what you look like if you treat others well and can carry a conversation with them you will eventually find someone perfect for you. And remember it is better to be alone than in bad company, so don't rush it..

• It is very possible that your looks are not the problem. I had the same issue a little while ago with trying to get a boyfriend. While most people would choose looks over personality any day, most of the more honest and loyal girls usually want someone who would go out of his way to help people. So, instead of worrying about your looks, work on other things. It could be possible that you aren't as kind and caring currently as you think.

• I really am tho I've screwed up in the past but I've been trying for 3 years to change it I use to bully kids when I was in like 5th grade and I've been helping everyone that needs help and I am bigger and stronger than most kids so I tell the kid that is bullying to get lost and if he don't agree with me I kick his ass lol but like really I've been doing everything I can cuz I feel terrible about doing it so yeah and like this girl I really like she won't date me and she really wouldn't consider me a friend I don't think I don't know why she cares about me she said and she don't hate me but she don't like me so I don't know what else it could be

• Steps to Getting a Perfect Girlfriend:
    1. Grow self-esteem
    2. Become outgoing and make some friends who are girls
    3. The girls will start to notice your personality and who you truly are
    4. When you're ready, ask her out (wait until you have been friends with her for a few months).

• Honey, if snoop dogg can get a girlfriend, so can you

• No it is not the reason. The reason is your lack of self esteem.

• confidence is the key, trust me.

• Care to share a pic of your pretty face?

• Shallow girls go for looks. Real girls for personality.