If a person has dated a person of a different race, do you assume that race is all they are interested in?

Most Helpful Guy

• I've encountered 3 girls over my lifetime that appeared to exclusively date ethnic men. The assumption for them would be correct, they seem to prefer men of color. The few Asian girls that I grew up with also appeared to only date white guys. I even overheard my own mother saying she doesn't even like men of her own race.

Whether or not it's true, it's a fair assumption to make because people DO have their preferences and choose partners based on skin tone and stereotypes. What are the EXACT percentages? No clue. The fact is, you don't know until you know. But again, it's a fair assumption.

What Guys Said 5

• I'm sure it happens, but my answer is "it's not that simple". I may be attracted to another race visually based on my appreciation of beauty but will also associate cultural traits to them which may or may not be true. That can be applied to nationalities of the same race: Italians, French, Swedish, German, British natives. They may look about the same but personalities may be quite different. In the "Orient" Chinese and Philippine natives are very different.

• No, that'd be a stupid assumption.

• i would assume that is there preference but i don't think there is a way to tell unless she has a strong track record of dating guys similar to that one guy

• I wouldn't assume it...

• Only based on this... Its would be stupid..

What Girls Said 9

• Of course not it's like assuming someone dated someone with blonde hair because they only like blondes. We all have preferences but we also frqeuently go "against" our preferences as well

• Not at first, but if it's a reoccurring thing then yes.
    Even though, in the back of my mind, I kind of do think that at first even. I know it isn't accurate, but it's a feeling I get.

• No. That's an asinine way to think. I would simply think that they find SOME wo/men in that particular race to be attractive.

• People assume that I'm ONLY interested in white guys, because the guys I've expressed interest in before happened to be white. When in fact, I've seen plenty of guys who I'm very much attracted to who aren't white.

• The boyfriends i had were white and everyone assumed i like white guys only but it's not really true.

• no i wouldn't assume that

• Nope.
    xfsgd

• Yeah probably...

• Definitely not