What are your thoughts on your long term partner farting in front of you? If you're not ok with this, where and how should she do it?

I don't understand the concept of "secret farting" and what the point of hiding it even is when you are living together cos in the family I grew up in everyone was farting left right and centre. And laughing at them too :)

16

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 15

• It's a human function of digestion in some people. Ideally they should be eating other things that their stomach can break down (as people have different levels of acid), but that's not happening with many people. So long as it's not excessive or really smelly, then it's just a part of life.

• If it has to happen it has to happen. I wouldn't think anything of it. If I wasn't okay with it I wouldn't mind if she was in the next room or the bathroom. I say this only because it's probably what a lady would want me to do. So I would just be fair.

• My wife is quite comfortable to fart around me, I have no issue with it...
    It's natural and normal to fart, everyone does it however much some doth protest..
    If you're not comfortable to fart round each other, then you're not much of an open honest couple...
    Your friend needs to mature...

• Its fine I had a girlfriend who would take a shit with the door open so we can keep talking or so I didn't have to stop the movie. It may sound silly but I miss how confortable we were with eachother.

• But doesn't that just mean u can smell her shitting from the other room lol that's disgusting.

• No ones shit smells good no matter how much you love them or how comfortable you are with them.

• Maybe your house was small

• the squeaky wheel gets the lubricant...

• lol it's only a human thing to do. strange lad.
    Anyway you could excuse yourself and go to the toilet

• Every time? So she should go to the bathroom between 10-20 times a day just to fart, plus a few other times to pee / poop? In her own home lol. She might as well live in the bathroom haha :p

• Lol or maybe he should find some type of species that doesn't fart.

• lol best of luck to him for that. maybe buy him a mask for his birthday?

img2.wikia.nocookie.net/.../Breathmask_negwt.jpg

• Idc if she fart the first we met. Its funny and adowable of her if she did. I would laugh it off and make a queef joke about how luvly dat was lel

• Whether its a first date or 40 years married I'm totally fine with it assuming my partner doesn't make it a big deal.

• This is the funniest question I've read on here, LOL. I don't give a shit, it happens.

• It is only human to fart. I wouldn't care. However, this means I'm allowed to fart in front or her. May the gas warfare begin.

• Pretty laid back on this one, so long as I'm not feeling ill from it, I can find it funny and even adorable, depends how she reacts when she does it as far as how I will.

• In one corner far from me, no compromise on farts... 😷

• definitely not ok with this, I'm with him on that, of it being a turn off.

• Where and how should she do it then?

• She should do it discretely so know one knows, or she should do it in private.

• So where do you fart?

• Always thought it was kinda cute.

• if she does it a lot its nasty
    but from time to time i understand she's human she has to fart im still gonna go up behind her and kiss her neck and show her love
    but if she has to fart move that booty another direction let it rip and ill go right back too kissing her once she's done

• How much is a lot?

• if you're farting like ever few mins thats a lot
      you need too use the bathroom and get rid of it
      but if you fart sometimes i won't care