Falling in love online, your opinion?

So, it's over. She has no feelings for me. Sad ending.

Most Helpful Girl

• Succes story for me. I never fell in love in my life before my boyfriend now who I met online. I thought I was asexual and never wanted a relationship, I was never attracted to anyone. Then I met him online, he contacted me on youtube, later he added me to steam and facebook. I liked him a lot , because of how he is and what he said and we just clicked. It progressed to Skype and we talked for hours a day and gamed together. We literally always talk to each other when we can.
    Then we started a relationship, altho we never seen each other :) And then we set a date to meet and I have been living with him for 2 months now (known him for 6) and completely love him, and he me. I am planning to go move with him in September for real (He is danish, I am from Belgium). We are both very loyal persons and our personalities match a lot. We also can talk about anything, event he most embarassing problems. Anyway, I never thought this would ever happen to me, but it did.

• Pay in mind, we skyped hours every day so we knew each other pretty well before meeting irl: Being together in the physical just made it even greater. I dont want to leave him now but have to go home soon for a while :( Already sad when I think about it.

• Thank you :) I hope the same for you

• Didn't happen 😊 She doesn't want to be in a relationship with me 😊

What Girls Said 13

• Not very 'reliable' because you're strongly controlling how the other person sees you which is much harder to do in person.

• Yes, it's very difficult to know what the other person thinks of us, unless and until they express it. But, if they do express it, how reliable can it be?

• You can't keep up a made up image of yourself if you talk every day for years. By that time you will simply know eachother, maybe even better than you might've done had you dated in person.

• @zoooot I think so too. One just has to talk.

• You're not really falling in love with the actual person. You're falling in love with your idea of them.

• Don't you think thay will happen in person too? Doesn't it take a long time to get to know a person?

• No, when you fall in love in person, you are actually able to get a gauge of their real personality. Online, you fall in love (infatuation) with how they choose to represent themselves. That's not the same as how someone is in real life.

• I agree with mr Asker on this one - irl it's exactly the same.

• Never. Nope. Not happening.

• Not realistic
    see someone before you invest emotions in them

• It is possible but sometimes you don't really fall in love with that persom. You just fall in love with the idea of that person based on what he or she told you about themselves.

• Even after talking for lot of days?

• So, distance is the only issue 😊 I'm trying to do my best.

• Yes the distance was the main prob. Then his friends and his sister, they were all like she's not the right girl for you. Lol they even say I might be just after him cuz of his money (which I doubt he has) lol or even the chancd of getting to his country. I can't blame them for thinking that, filipinos have a reputation of being just after the money and etc, but I was hurt cuz I know that I am not like that. I am not aftee anything, I just want him at that time.

• Who's that girl? ;p

• It's possible if you know what the person looks like

• I do. The other person doesn't. So, there's the catch.

• Maybe she is expecting you to do it without her asking.

• Why don't women say what they feel 😢

• Good way to get your heart broken. But keep your chin up😊in due time the sadness will dull

• LOL GET READY FOR DEPRESSION AND DISAPPOINTMENT AND a lot OF FOOD

• I'm guessing it's emily from the way you have commented her posts or comments. I've been around here long enough to notice things

• Yes, it is. Its over anyway.

• It's a good way to get hurt. I've done it myself before and have regretted it every time.

• who is the girl

• You'll know soon 😊

• Yes but do try to meet asap to feel the 'connection too. If not, then it's just an online interaction and not more than anything else!

• I'm trying my best. Being on different countries makes things very difficult.

What Guys Said 6

• without seeing her looks? o_O

• Just looking at he face, may be. What do you think?

• But, the other person hasn't seen me. Is it weird now?

• oh... yeah it is basiclly 8)

• Been there, done that, got married. Ask me anything.

• Are you both from the same country?

• I'll send you a message 😊

• Alrighty!

• Not impossible, but very improbable.

• Why do you day so?

• I can hardly feel anything for her electronically. LCD displays don't convey emotion, although, technology is advancing at a geometric rate these days, you never know.

• Smileys 😄

• Very bad idea :)

• Why do you say so?

• We are far away physically, but I feel so close to her emotionally

• Well, the physicall place make it dificoult :)
      I never recommend it to anyone :)

• Order of magnitude slower but it works.

• I used to have huge crush on a girl here but not now... She has a boyfriend and changed many boyfriend in past, had sex with many boys... thats why i don't like her anymore..