Is it okay for a 17 year old girl to be dating a 20 year old boy?

The age of consent in the state is 17 meaning at 17, you can date anyone you want. Is there a big age difference?

Most Helpful Girl

• That's not a big age difference, but I'm probably biased because I'm 22 and my boyfriend is 29 and being with an older man has made me see things differently. Having an age gap is fine, but I think it depends on the maturity of the couple as well as their plans for the future. If the 17-year-old girl is going to be in high school for another year but the older boy is going away to university, that relationship may not have a future because the girl might still be caught up in high school drama while the boy might want tto "explore" (and date other people) at university. On the other hand, if the couple have the same goals in terms of wanting to stay together and meeting up as often as possible, I'm sure they could make it work.

What Girls Said 5

• 17 and 20 isn't that strange lol
    My best friend (19) got engaged to her boyfriend (27) not long ago. He still behaves like he's younger and so the age difference isn't a problem at all
    It's really up to the induvidual situation and characters of the two people

• That really isn't too much of an age difference. I'd say it's fine.

• Kylie Jenner is 17 and Tyga is 25. Why can't you?

• No I think your fine. It's only three years. IF you reallly love her then it doesn't matter how old.

• I don't see why not

What Guys Said 6

• That is a relatively small age difference which should not matter. However with that said there is a maturity factor if there is a difference in maturity between the two it could lead to problems

• so it's fuckin fne basically if her parents agree 8)

• Right on the edge of appropiate for me but ok

• it's ok
    not very big age difference

• I hope so cause I'm 19 dating a 15 year old, (dating not fucking just to be clear)

• That's not okay imho.

• we both waited 18 months before going anywhere due to age gap, and I mean 3.5 years isn't that big of a difference in the scem of things

• it's fine i'd date her