If a 20 year old girl was dating a 40 year old man what would you think about them?

I started dating my boyfriend when I was 20 (just friends at 19). At the time he was 40. We're still together, he's met everyone in my family. They are ok with it. Curious how you would perceive their relationship?

Most Helpful Guy

• As long as you're both adults and it's consentual then I don't care

I'd probably think he's getting the better end of the deal and that the relationship won't last in the long run but it's really none of my concern.
    .

• Why wouldn't it last?

• I've heard that relationships with large age gaps are more likely to fail. I think one of you will eventually want someone closer in age.

Also just a gut feeling.

Hey If you make it 10 more years you can think to yourself "haha bandit , I told you we would split up" however if you do break up in the next 10 years, then you can think "Damn it, bandit74 was right"

• wouldn't *

What Guys Said 9

• As they say love comes in all shapes and sizes and ages too. Definitely you will attract attention but that's no need for it to come between you'll. Follow happiness and love, your best guide in life. Just think carefully about all things in the relationship (like with all) between the two of you like kids and what you guys want to do.

• The 40 year old is a rock star, or a drug kingpin, or Bill Clinton 20 years ago

• Its a bit weird but if they are happy, I wouldn't think bad of them

• I wouldn't be anti age difference relationships per se but I find them curious - I was in a 10 year gap relationship and it turned into a disaster.

• "they like each other"

this basically 8)

• I'd be jealous

• I don't have a problem with the age gap as both are consenting adults. But isn't it hard to be with someone whom grew up in another generation than you?

• Yeah it can be. We're at 2 different places in life. He wants to settle down, have kids and get married. I want to travel, party and let loose

• Meh. Amateur age difference.

• That is a very abnormal and awkward, i can't see why some men would go for such young girls.

What Girls Said 6

• At 20, I'm still very silly and possibly childish :3 so I couldn't do it and my friends and family would probably think he's just into young people.

But if you're mature... people should view it differently.

At the end of the day, if two adults want to be together-just let them be together and no judging.

• I would think you have some daddy issues.

• My dad has always been apart of my life. We very close and he is fine with our relationship. Plus that's a little one sided.

• Lol I sleep fine at night honey, don't you worry about me. I'm not the one banging a guy who is old enough to be my daddy.

• Awww looks like I've struck a nerve and baby girl is mad. Lol I really don't care. I'm sorry if I came off in any way or said anything bad to you... just kidding go fuck yourself :)

• Hey, if it works, it works. I once dated a guy who was 14 years older than me. I loved him. I hope it all works out for you

• Lolita ahahaha
    I mean I'd never do that but you do you

• If you're both 18+ and are out of high school I don't see the issue since you're both legal adults.

• I don't really care. Not an issue, age doesn't matter ^^