How do you feel about having someone pay for you on a date (ie. guy pays)?

As for me personally I've always been told growing up to pay for dates... though I never do. I just pay for myself and make the girl pay for herself.

Granted I will pay for her only if I'm in a relationship with her.

I would like both genders take on this stance and the opposite as well.

• You should pay for her or you're a cad!
  • No, I agree with your stance.
  • Women deserve free meals!!!
Looks like a pretty even opinion from the ladies.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd rather pay for myself, because I feel more independent then and don't have the awkward feeling that I owe him something. Buying something small like ice cream for €1 is sweet, but really pay for the movies or a restaurant, I'd rather do that myself. Sometimes I would pay for something small for the guy, so it's not all one-sided.

What Girls Said 10

• I think if a man asks a woman out then he should be the one to pay otherwise don't ask. If in a relationship then you can take turns, pay separately whatever works for you both

• I have paid for more dates than I have had dates paid for me. I am a strong believer in "Going Dutch" when you're first starting to date - which means you both fork up half of the bill each. However, there's nothing wrong with treating one another to a meal if you like the person. I've taken men out for steak dinners before because I like them. It's all dependent on preference but I feel it falls on both parties.

• I'm in the fence about it, I feel like the guy should pay because it's gentlemanly, but Whenever a guy does pay, I feel all awkward and like I owe something

• I think that whomever asks should pay- if he asks, he pays, if I ask, I pay. My boyfriend and I take turns, but he always tries to pay.

• I think if a guy asks me out on a date he should pay. Honestly I've never been on a date and the guy didn't pay.

• I've seen this occur too, it does amuse me when I expect a girl like that to be independent of her date's money.

• I have always offered to pay on first dates, but I live in Texas and the guys look at me like I have a third eye when I say " I'll pay for my part." The response is always the same "No I asked you out." Guys around here are traditional when it comes to who pays for dates.

• It's kind of tradition to pay for her dinner, especially if you're interested in going on more dates with her and possibly having a relationship. I don't think the man should pay EVERY time though.

• For the first date who ever does the inviting should pay. After that I pay my own way. I have had a guy be insulted when I payed for the whole date. I asked I should pay he didn't think so.

• It's the courteous thing to do and it feels nice to have someone taking care of you. My first boyfriend never paid for me and now my current boyfriend always pays. It's really up to the guy but I prefer when they pay, because I'm a fan of chivalry.

• Agreed. Each pay for their own. If I ever go on a date, I'll pay for myself.

• I don't mind, if I pay for myself or if he wants to pay, it's whatever he wants.

• Although of course I'd go on the date with expectations that I'm paying for myself.

What Guys Said 5

• I don't care, who pays, as long as I don't have to climb out the bathroom window

• each should pay their own basically 8)

www.smiley-lol.com/.../napoleon1.gif

• I usually suggest that I pay, relationship or not. However if she offered to pay for her half I would not say no. Unless we are in a relationship then I would cover it and say she can take me out next time

• On a first date, i will pay, but i would still at least like to see her offering just so i can get a clue she's not just here for a free meal or after my money.

after a couple of dates though, i think she should start chipping in a bit.

• I think paying separately is the best. That's what I would do.