Problem with faith/God?

All my friends are very serious about their faith. I used to be, but it hasn't been as serious as it once was, though I still beieve. I found a girl who I see eye to eye with on a lot of things, especially with God. but some of my friends don't think she is a "godly women" because she swears and is a little pervy lol. But I dont really want to date a girl who is like a pastors wife, which is what i feel is what they are expecting. I feel split, is it even worth dating someone that my friends are iffy about? Should I even care what they think?

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a common problem among cultures of faith. You have to make an executive decision and go for what you feel is best for you over the long term. In the end, friends are limited in what they can provide for you emotionally. It sounds like this girl is worth the risk.

Your friends might not agree and if they drop you over this, then that's their problem for caring more about an irrelevant deity than the well-being of their dear friend. To get what you want you have to take chances and be willing to disappoint a few people.

What Girls Said 1

• You shouldn't really care what they think. You and her share the same religious views. YOU are the one dating her, not them.

What Guys Said 5

• Bro.. You're with her not you her and your friends... If they don't like her fine...

Only leave a woman if YOU don't like her not anyone else if they don't like her then that's their problem not yours.

And from your description it would be a mistake leavingg that goddess.

Everyone has different opinions on 'a goddess like woman'

• Have your friends even met her or more than once? While your friends opinions are important they are not the ones in the relationship. So if you feel she is worth fighting for then I say do it. Just don't blow your friends off completely because they disapprove. They might like her after they get to know her better

• Yes they have met her. And they think she is a cool person, but they keep telling me that "God isn't first in her life so you're really going to have to step it up" and I just think to myself that I can't be like a pastor to this girl. We both believe in God, isn't that enough?

• Yeah that should be enough for your friends, putting God and religion above everything else is not for everyone and your friends need to understand that.

• If you want to date her, go ahead.

If your friends don't want to date her, then at least they won't be jealous about you dating her.

Their opinion is a recommendation, not an obligation. Do what you feel and think is right.

• do ONLY wot u care bout dude... never let any friends tell u wot u r gonn do :-)

• Don't care about anything they tell you! It's your life!