How to get my ex back?

Things ended sort of rough with my ex. I was struggling with an eating disorder and depression (I ended up being in a hospital program for 6 weeks). He broke up with me when he thought he couldn't help me at all. I don't blame him, I basically told him I didn't care about my life. When I got back to school he acted like we were still together. We talked a lot and were gonna get back together, but then didn't. He wanted to stay friends but I said no. When I said yes to being friends he said we couldn't because it gave him too much anxiety. In the past couple weeks he's come up and started talking to me a couple times. I also think he might think I'm dating my best friend (which I am definitely not). How do I start a conversation with him? How do I eventually get back together with him? I've thought of maybe having us talk a little first and then ask him out on a date. No expectations or strings attached, just to kinda see where we are. Any input would be great!

0|0
1|2

Most Helpful Guy

• My ex used to cut herself, not sure if this is relevant but it bothered me because she did it whilst we were still together, I stopped seeing her, anyway about a month later she came back to me and said she had stopped, we got back together. So there.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• i think what you said would work best: start talking to him more, then ask him out again. if he says no, there's really nothing you can do.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Just talk to him and maybe over time, I say a month or two you guys will maybe date.

0|0
    0|0