Does it matter that he's younger than me?

I've been talking with this boy for the last couple of days and we have a great connection togehter. But he just told me he's a year and three months younger than me. Im 17 turning 18 this year, he's 16 turning 17 in July. Should this bother me? Does this bother him? Do guys care if a girl is a year older? Do you girls care if a guy is younger

Because normally I only date older guys..

Most Helpful Guy

• only 1 year? that's not even a difference basically!

What Guys Said 6

• If he works for you and the relationship makes you happy? 100% for it!

Women typically live longer than men anyway, so it makes sense to date a younger guy.

• Not really, now if your 21 and he's younger then youve got a problem considering its very unethical to do so not to mention illegal and many parts of the globe.

But for now in your case its fine

• A year is fine when you are 16 + 17.

• It really doesn't. It only matters if there's a significant age difference, like over 5 years.

• I go to two years either way

• If there is a connection it should not mater expecualy 1 year that is crazy I think.

What Girls Said 3

• I don't think one year is that big of a deal. My ex was one year younger than me

• I got exactly the same thing going on right now, I don't care how old he is, I just love him 👌

• come one is only one year it is not a problem.