Will he come back if we keep in touch?

Will he come back if we keep in touch?

So there is a guy in my lecture and lab. But every now and then I catch him looking at me. Once I was standing behind him in line to write my name on the sign-in sheet and looked back at me. Once he came up to my lab partner and I to talk to my partner (they have another class together as well) and when he looked at me he smiled huge and took a few deep breathes before he talked to my partner. When he went to sit back down he looked back at me. Yesterday he came up again to my partner and talked to her about their class and he kept staring a ton. Last week he came up again and asked what we thought of the exam but I was too shy and didn't say anything. My friends said he kept looking at me. I got a haircut and he was staring 24/7. Then after class my friend was talking to him and she called me over. When I came up to him his eyes went wide and sparkly and he smiled big. He almost looked frozen. Once a random guy came to me and asked me a question and he glared at him. when another guy asked me a question, he turned his whole body around and glared at him Last week we talked more. When we were leaving class he asked was I was going and I said to the right and he said he normally goes the other way but he said he would walk with me and so we walked and talked. He asked a lot of questions around me and walked close to me. Whenever he looks at me he blink slow. Once he walked with me again and we talked. Before we parted way exchanged numbers. We studied together with my lab partner. When we were studying my friend was talking about her boyfriend and he looked at me and smiled. When we were leaving he walked me all the way to my apartment. Last week I told him that if he wanted to grab coffee sometime then to let me know. He said that sometimes things come up but he will let me know. We studied together again and he walked me to my apartment. I texted him for coffee again and he said he is busy with family stuff these days (this is true). I said we will keep in touch.

Most Helpful Guy

• I was almost about to not read the whole thing, thinking "what more do I need to hear, of course he's interested in you, is this even a question, what is this girls problem, yes the sky is blue" and then I saw that bit about him not scheduling a time to grab some coffee. I understand now why you're a little thrown.
    I cannot tell you why he did that. I could speculate endlessly. But the fact of the matter is this guy likes you. A lot. I don't know if that could have something to do with why he didn't take you up on your offer right away, maybe it does.
    I want you to cuddle that man without delay. You are obviously a sexy, attractive woman, and he is infactuated with you. I won't list all the reasons I know this, you already have, so you know it in your heart.
    Try asking him if he wants to walk somewhere together, (start fresh, maybe he's too nervous to accept a date ahead of time and can't fix the situation now) and while walking together, take his arm, you know the way women do, your arm is sort of bent and wrapping around his elbow. It's casual, because it can be non sexual, but it's a clear sign of care and warmth. It will also relax him, that you want to touch him and hold him and feel safe with him.
    It's also easier to just "walk to [ blank] together" than make a date for coffee, which is sort of, pressured in a way. It also works to go get the coffee right away, like, "want to go get a coffee at [place]?" instead of, "sometime". It's less awkward. I think you have a nice guy here, because he asked so many questions and walked close, signs of giving you as much attention as he can get away with, without being aggressive. Although the fact that he glares at guys who try to talk to you is a sign he's not a push over. In fact, that might be a yellow flag - not sure about that behavior, depends on the context. Keep an eye on it. Being jealous is annoying. But it's a sure sign he likes you.
    So because he's a nice guy, ask him again, "right away".

What Guys Said 94

• Dayum, you should definitely become a microbiologist/pathologist since you're good at reading/thinking this much details.

by the way If I were you, I'd wait for a week or two to give that person some space and not to look too desperate/clingy.

• Do u even need to ask. It is so obvious that he likes u. I can pretty much guarantee that from what uve said.

• "I asked if he has a girlfriend and he said "No, not looking for that now. Just trying to stay focused.""<--- he lied actually

• noticed u post this question continuously... would u mind givin some shorter description n separate apragraphs so other GAGers could read it easier and get some responses? :-)

• So what's the question?
    He's clearly into you!

• Do you keep reposting this over and over?

• Yes its true. Someone told me.

• Why? Are you waiting till you get the answer you want?

• Normally I don't read or answer long questions but I finally did. He's super into you. Keep communication lines open and you'll have him

• I'd give an answer but I don't feel like reading all that

• Oh he definitely likes you and will be back

• How busy could a guy be with family stuff not to find some time. Seems like he doesn't know what he is doing, so he chooses to make excuses.

• ... wtf? ..

• thaat is seriously cutte ! wooow. he definitely likes you , but is scared to make a movee. imaginee that payoff after like 4 years of foreplay ouuuf. im in something similar , except for about 2 years noow and even though its not always on my mind , she never completely leaves , soo like its always possible i guess. just tell him how you feeel !

• whoa wait... chances r he unfriended u by mistake... he didn't show any bad signs towards u

• guess he does, yet he's not ready for a relationship arm :)

• did u ever had da chance 2 ask him y did he unfriend u?

• when he sits behind u, is he teasin u?

• when he sits behind u, does he make any move/gesture 2 u?

• He will turn his head and stare the whole time. He always comes and sits behind me.

• whoa wait... maybe he does... but he was cleary he's not ready for havin a girlfriend now!

• nah he was actin nice mostly i believe

• guess u should wait till he's not busy :)

• guess he does... does he flirt wid other gals meanwhile?

• then better w8 till he's not busy... can u verify it's true?

this bout family stuff i mean!

• i believe he'll do o_O

• is there any reason y u ask this continuously? :-|

• It sounds like a classic case of being afraid. My female friends have been in a similar situation that a guy just looses communication because he doesn't want to get into a serious relationship, I hate to generalise but teenage boys, a lot of them anyway, don't like commitment, he could be scared of falling in love with you too. Whatever is happening, he wants some alone time right now, if you see him and he avoids you, i'd say give him his space, he might need it. If he tells you that he only sees you as a friend then unfortunately, you have to respect his wishes.

• gosh... y u post this continuously? :-/

• How many times must you ask this exact question? If he hasn't done it yet, he either won't or he's waiting on you to do something.

• It sounds like he really cares and I hope he would come back after the family issues are resolved!

• I will, yes. Wait for me.

• I will keep in touch with him to find out for you. Give me his email.

• In my opinion, it's obvious he likes you. You said "he had a yearning look", I don't know what that is, but I'd assume he finds you attractive. Ask him out for lunch, see what happens. Good luck!

• More from Guys
    64

What Girls Said 102

• OOOH. I see the beginnings of a awesome love! Hehe. This actually made me excited for you! I think he is going to ask you out... but I'm not a psychic, nor do I know all. However, it does sound like he is very interested. He's probably a little shy. It seems like he is taking the initiative, but slowly. Asking someone out is a very brave thing to do. It takes a lot of guts. So, be patient with him. And yeah, FOCUS on your finals. Try not to let this waiting distract you! Good luck, girly! (on both the finals, and this shy cutie-pie!) :)

• Looks to me that he really likes you and obviously has feelings for you but for whatever reason is reluctant to get into a relationship. Maybe he's trying to get through college without distractions, maybe he's even trying to do a long distance thing with someone. Either way I don't think its going away any time soon and eventually he will come to his sensed and realize that he can't dodge his feelings forever.

• Jesus Christ he will come back okay?

• Yes yes he'll come back.

• He will come back.

• Yes, he will come back.

• Yes, he will!

• I don't think he doesn't like you in fact I think it's the complete opposite. If he was serious about not wanting a girlfriend then maybe that's whats stopping him. He may really like you yet not want a relationship which is what is causing him to hide his feelings.

• Yes, he will!

• Let him make the advances. He clearly likes you, dont push it. If he really likes you he will come looking for you if he has your number. If he's not interested in starting anything with you i. e. dating he will continue to make excuses, dont set yourself up for that. Leave the ball in his court.

• Seems pretty interested but kind of shy. If you're patient I think it could be worth it if you really like him

• No, after four years, that's typically an obsession.

• I don't see why not.

• It seems like he really likes you so don't get discouraged. Sounds like he really have family troubles so just wait for him if you also like him... :)

• Yeah I think he will

• Maybe he likes you

• He might...

• Really? Come on sweet heart. He's sad to not see you again. Girl he likes you. If you're interested throw a wink his way or something, toss the poor boy a bone, give him a heavy hint that you're interested, if not, no worries.

• I think he likes you but maybe he's insecure or shy.

• Seems like he likes you in my opinion, but , a be he's just shy. Or also just not really looking for a relationship but is still interested it you. Talk to him more and see what happens.

• I've definitely seen this question before

• It's a yes for me

• Yes he is interested

• Yes I think so! He's definitely interested in you!

• I think he will

• he will if he likes you

• Go for it. girl!!

• He likes you and you like him back.

• I don't think he has even left in the first place lol

• OMGAH OF COURSE HE'LL COME BACK, HE'S SEEMS TOTES INTO YYOU. I DONT THINK HE WOULD IGNORE YOU ON PURPOSE? this situation is so cute i cannot

• More from Girls
    72