Should I call this guy and see why he stood me up?

Alright, so I met him online about a month ago. I wasn't trying to meet someone, but he started talking to me on an anonymous app, and we started talking, and just kind of clicked. We've been exchanging pictures and silly little videos of ourselves, and we even talked on the phone once. Just a couple days ago he admitted that his feelings were pretty strong, and they scared him a bit. He said I was the first person he thought of when he woke up, and the last before going to bed, and that was new for him. I expressed the same feelings.
So we'd tried to meet up a couple times before, but work schedules never allowed it. We were finally going to meet yesterday. We were both really excited and really nervous, but he gave me his word and everything. Said it was 1000% going to happen. I got a text from him a couple hours before we were supposed to meet - it was just a smiling selfie from him, which I responded to.
The time to meet comes and passes, and he never shows. I texted him about it when I got home. Never got a reply. Then I texted him this morning and just said "hey, if you're done with this you need to tell me, cause I can't be stuck in limbo here". Haven't heard anything back from him.
So I don't understand what happened, but the more I think about it, the less sense it makes. The biggest thing is that the response I sent when he sent me the smiling selfie - it was never viewed. It was sent via WhatsApp, and the last time he was "seen" there was the same time that he sent the picture. My response hasn't reached his phone yet, even though it was successfully from mine. So I'm wondering if something maybe happened to his phone.
So I'm wondering if I should call him and ask what's up. Assuming his phone is working. I really would just like to know what could have happened in the two hours between when he sent me the pic, and when we were supposed to meet. None of this makes any sense, so I really just want to know what happened.
Advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• I hate that feeling for being stuck in limbo from someone not responding, it's really unfair.
    To be honest if he wanted to get hold of you he would have. It's 2015 and he can get hold of a device pretty easily just to send you a quick message but he's choosing not to do that.
    Chances are as he's a online person he is either not as serious About meeting as you was and was just messing with you feelings or he's possibly talking to many girls. Maybe he has a girlfriend Or there is also the chance that he died or got sick I guess? I doubt it though because it's a lot less chance of that happening than the other possible reasons. Apart from the last reasons none of them are acceptable so you should try and move on. It's really upsetting though I know exactly how it feels to be in limbo. :(

What Guys Said 1

• He should be looking for some alternative means to contact you. Wait to hear from him. It's unlikely, but he could have been in an accident, arrested, who knows what?

What Girls Said 6

• Yes, you should!

• Don't think it would be weird or stalker-ish? I just don't want to push it if he doesn't want to see me...

• I think it's the only way to give you some closure.

• Don't waste your time. He's probably either taken or was just using you. If he can't be bothered to reply or even call saying he can't make it he's a loser. That's shitty for him to do to you! By the way, cell phones aren't the only form of communication, he could have contacted you if he wanted to.

You deserve better!

• No, makes you sound desperate. He's a twat, move on.

• Have you ever watched Catfish on MTV? Sorry hun but he's obviously a fake and you need to get over him cuz he's probably really some old bald fat white guy in his 50s

• Okay but we were constantly exchanging pictures of ourselves, videos of ourselves, and we talked on the phone. Can't fake all that.

• He is a coward. Misled you totally an can't be trusted. Forget him. Online is full of flakes. Sorry dear

• Don't even bother