Why is it that only guys have to pay for the whole date when they ask out, but if a woman asks a guy?

She can always opt to pay half and even go dutch? If a guy did that, he wouldn't get another date 99.9% of the time. I thought it was all about equality... I guess not. Sure if a guy wants to pay for everything all the time because it makes him feel like a "real man" (lol please) then let him. I think women should pay for everything and not go dutch if they ask out just like guys are expected to.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think who pays is really that important.

What Girls Said 3

• I personally feel guilty if someone pays for me. Unless we are dating and he really wants to. Otherwise I would pay for myself or at least half. I am all for equality

• Good for you young lady. Its not everyday a female who says they are for equality practices what they preach

• Thank you :) I just think people should be real, why say they want equality and yet want special treatment? I find it hypocritical

• On a first date who ever does the inviting should pay after that usually we split it. And yes I have paid the full more then once.

• For a first date its traditional for a guy to pay but me and my boyfriend usually just go half on dates its equal that way but he did pay for the first date its just that it helps a woman to know your not using her for her money but men should not pay for every date everytime i think women can get the bill every now and again my boyfriend dose not let me that's why we agreed to go half

What Guys Said 2

• Hypocrisy, simple as that.
    I believe the one that asks should be the one to pay, even though if I ever get asked out I'll offer to pay, or at least split the bill.
    Some women are still "old school" with this because it benefits them.

• MY girlfriend paid for the 1st date. She always tries to pay.

• You have a rare treasure... Don't mess it up. Its cool for guys to pay , but its also cool for women too also.

• Yeah she is super cool. We like to flip flop and do every other.